1Password 7.3.2 (standalone and App Store) + Safari 13.0.1 - Extension doesn't work

Options
c_c
c_c
Community Member

Hi,

I have a recurring issue with both the standalone and Mac App Store versions of 1Password and the Safari extension; the extension will never stay "connected" to the app.

1Password asks me to "Open extension preferences in Safari", which I do, and the 1Password extension (which was automatically installed w/ the 1P app) is enabled.

I've tried the recommended remedy of uninstalling, restarting the system and reinstalling 1Password, which fixes the issue until 1Password locks the vault again, after which point the extension is effectively disconnected from, and no longer recognized by, the app until my next uninstall loop.

The extension works fine in Chrome.

Any other tips for troubleshooting this? I can't keep uninstalling and restarting.

Thanks,
C

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• c_c
    c_c
    Community Member
    Options

Additional note - when the 1P app stops recognizing the Safari extension, clicking the extension icon in Safari has no effect.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @c_c! I'm sorry for the trouble. You should never have more than one copy of 1Password installed on your Mac. Although 1Password 7 is available in both the Mac App Store and from our own website, they are otherwise nearly identical -- just different distribution methods, mostly. I don't wonder that you're having problems with the extension if macOS is confused about which version you're connecting to. To get a better idea what exactly might be going on with your 1Password ecosystem, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#VBW-58894-551]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @c_c only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: VBW-58894-551

This discussion has been closed.