Windows 8 Support

Curious if there are plans to make 1Password available on the Windows App Store as an Windows 8 Style immersive application? How are you guys planning on supporting 1password on the plug-in free Metro version of IE10?

Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    We don't normally pre-anounce products or features. Please keep an eye on these forums and our blog for news and updates as they are available. :)

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with in the meantime!
  • nastav
    nastav
    Community Member

I'm frustrated by your reluctance to announce a timeline for a Windows Store App.

Given LastPass just introduced a Windows Store App, I'm wondering if you have any news to share. I want true multi-OS support, and I own every version of 1Passwoed (iOS, Android, Windows, OS X). I'd be reluctant to switch given I like this product and switching is expensive.

• bodean
    bodean
    Community Member

Seems like this are not sharing this news with their users.....

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

We're planning on submitting our desktop app (for Windows 8 Pro) to the Windows Store real soon.

• Hi guys,

Just to be clear, we have not announced anything for the Windows Store, it is our goal to publish the full desktop app to the Windows store but we don't have any timeframe and nor will we share any information until we're ready to go.

At the moment, 1Password is not using the Windows 8/Modern UI/Metro interface and because Internet Explorer does not support plugins in that interface, we can't integrate with it there at all, Microsoft will not permit it there.

For now, 1Password does work fine in the Windows 8's desktop mode and will support the extensions in the metro version of Chrome and Firefox.

• nastav
    nastav
    Community Member

Though not quite what I was looking for, I appreciate the sharing of some of your product roadmap - thanks!

Will your support for Chrome/FireFox metro version extend to Windows RT?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Windows RT is a completely different operating system than Windows 8. We haven't announced anything for Windows RT at this time.

• dcuccia
    dcuccia
    Community Member

Please support windows store apps - this market is going to grow very quickly.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your feedback, dcuccia! I have passed it along to the developers. :)

• solidst8
    solidst8
    Community Member

I would also like to see something for windows RT. Thanks.

• omzaz
    omzaz
    Community Member

Would like to add a request for you to make a Windows 8 metro app.
    Even though I have an intel-based tablet, using the desktop app on a 10" tablet is a clunky experience.

Personally I don't care that a metro app would not be able to integrate with metro internet exploror.
    Your iOS app does not integrate with iOS Safari but that does not prevent it from being a good app.

• Guess I'm curious... you mention a Metro version of Chrome and Firefox working within Windows RT since the legacy desktop version cannot be installed there. Unless I'm missing something there is no such animal as a Metro Chrome or Firefox. From what I see Windows RT has absolutely no option for 1Password. From the dialog above and since Windows RT has been out for quite awhile now it looks like 1Password is no longer an option. This of course is extremely disappointing. Especially since I have it on my Mac, iPad, and Android Phone. Been a supporter for many years and talked my company into buying multiple licenses as well. Hate to move from it but it may be my only option since no hint of support has been communicated.

This discussion has been closed.