cmd-\ and autofill not working

Options
dlg
dlg
Community Member

pressing cmd-\ on a website with a login page does not pop up 1password. manually clicking the 1password7 extension button shows the right login, but no amount of clicking will cause it to fill in the password. I can manually copy and paste the login and password, but ugh. is this a Catalina thing?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302003) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15 (19A583)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dlg - it shouldn't be. If you've recently upgraded to macOS 10.15 ("Catalina"), then there are a few steps I'd recommend taking before you do anything else:

1. Click Safari > Preferences > Extensions and make sure the 1Password extension is active (checked in the sidebar). If it IS, uncheck it temporarily.
    2. Quit Safari and any other running browsers.
    3. Quit 1Password 7 completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu).
    4. Restart your Mac.
    5. After restart, click Safari > Preferences > Extensions and re-enable the 1Password extension, then restart 1Password 7 for Mac.

See if that affects the behavior any; let us know what you discover! :)

• dlg
    dlg
    Community Member
    Options

well, cmd-\ pops up the helper after performing the 5 steps above, but does not fill.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dlg:

Can you confirm that 1Password has been correctly activated, either with a license or with a subscription? You need one of the two for filling to work. You can check this by launching 1Password and clicking on the 1Password menu in the menu bar > License... entry.

• dlg
    dlg
    Community Member
    Options

click where?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dlg: As Lars mentioned, you'd need to hold down the Control and Option keys:

1. Quit 1Password 7 completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu).

-- the bottom-most menu item will be "Quit 1Password Completely".

• SaschaS
    SaschaS
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same problem. Both in Chrome and in Safari.
    Running 10.15 and the latest version of 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302004).
    Any solutions?

• Ben
    Options

@SaschaS

We're hoping to have this fixed with the next update. Sorry for the trouble.

Ben

• eyezest
    eyezest
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this? I just updated the app to the last update issued 2 days ago (mac os app store) and it is still not working properly! In a website that has more than one login saved into 1 password, the autofill won't work!! Can you please sort this out quickly? 1password7 asks for recurrent payment and so far has been so much worse as the main functionality has been completely broken. For someone that has been using the software for several years it is very concerning to see this unreliability in such an important program for daily life!! Please sort this out quickly or we will need to find another password software! Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @eyezest

Which web browser are you using? Does this problem happen in Safari?

Ben

• eyezest
    eyezest
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply, Ben. Yes the problem happens both in Safari and Chrome. The strange thing is that when there are several login for a website it calls the 1password in the mac menu bar instead of the extension in the browser as it used to do. This problem is happening in my iMac pro 10.15.1. Interestingly, I have a similar set up in my Macbook Pro 10.15.1 also but there, it is working perfectly, so I really do not understand what is happening. I have removed completely the old 1 password in both computers. Thanks for your help with this.

• Ben
    Options

@eyezest

I think you may be experiencing a different (but perhaps similar) issue than what was being discussed in this thread. Could you please outline for me

1. The steps you're taking, starting with turning on your Mac and logging into your user account
    2. What you're expecting to happen when taking those steps
    3. Where things go wrong, and what happens instead

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.