Autofill live.com via Chrome Browser on Android

EldonMcGuinness
EldonMcGuinness
Community Member

I noticed there was an article with regard to using 1password with sites that split the username and password over multiple pages when using a desktop, however, I'm having the same issue with my Android device. Is there a way to get this to work? Basically the issue is when I try to login via the browser 1password asks to populate the username, and then, once submitted, I am prompted for my password and 1password does not give me an option to populate it.

I'm on Android 8.1 and have accessibility and autofill enabled, any ideas would be great as I'm trying to test drive the service in hopes of finding a password manager I like.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @EldonMcGuinness, it should be possible to fill your details in login forms split over multiple pages. Could you tell me which site you're having trouble with and which browser you're using?

• EldonMcGuinness
    EldonMcGuinness
    Community Member

I'm using Chrome 77 on Android 8.1 and the site is login.live.com. To be clear, this works on the desktop, but on my mobile device I have to open a "split screen" of the website and 1password to copy the password and paste it into the site, the username populates just fine.

• Hi @EldonMcGuinness. I've just tested filling in Chrome on this site, and it's working well on both the username and password pages for me. Can you please launch 1Password and tap Settings > Autofill, then turn Accessibility off and back on? Let us know if that helps.

• EldonMcGuinness
    EldonMcGuinness
    Community Member

Nope, I get the 1password prompt on the username page, but not on the password page. This is on Android btw, just to make sure there is no confusion.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@EldonMcGuinness: No confusion about that. That's why Peri asked about Accessibility settings. Can you check that?

• EldonMcGuinness
    EldonMcGuinness
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Oh I did, and same results. I guess I did not communicate that well. 😅

I've tried a reboot, reinstall, reboot, toggle accessibility, and yet another reboot; trying the site along each step.

I even tried going on the desktop and recreating the login just in case.

• Thanks for the update, @EldonMcGuinness. Can you let me know the make and model of your device? Also, I take it your device's language is set to English, correct?

Do you have any other browsers currently installed on Android, and if so, do you have the same problem in that browser?

• EldonMcGuinness
    EldonMcGuinness
    Community Member

The phone I'm on is an LG Stylo 4, MetroPCS is the carrier in case that matters due to is customization etc. English and no other browsers installed. I could try another if you think that will help.

• Thanks @EldonMcGuinness. Do you have two Logins for this site (one for the username and one for the password), or do you just have one Login with both fields saved?

Also, would you be willing to try out our beta build and let me know if that helps?

• EldonMcGuinness
    EldonMcGuinness
    Community Member

I only have one login for that username, but I do have multiple accounts as this is a family setup. I'll give the beta a go and report back.

• EldonMcGuinness
    EldonMcGuinness
    Community Member

Just gave it a spin, also tried to reboot the phone, and still not getting the 1password prompt in chrome while on the password page. I do get it on the login part and the 2fa part, just not the password one.

• That's strange, @EldonMcGuinness. I'll report this issue to our team so they can investigate it. In the meantime, try using drag and drop to fill this password.

• EldonMcGuinness
    EldonMcGuinness
    Community Member

I've actually been using the multitask in android to copy and paste when on my phone, it works but is a pain. :frown:
    Hope it can be fixed, on a side note, I will likely be resetting my phone soon and will also post if it starts working after that.

• JaydayMayday
    JaydayMayday
    Community Member

I am on a Oneplus 6 (Android v.9.0.9), with Chrome (v. 78.0.3904.90), and I have been experiencing the same issue for more than 3 months now. It does, however, work with Firefox. Nevertheless, I don't think it should be necessary for me to change my browser, to use a password manager.

NB: I have done the same exercise as EldonMcGuinness, and uninstalled/installed, toggled autofill and accessibility etc.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JaydayMayday: The thing is, Firefox supports Autofill. Chrome does not. instead we've been using Accessibility for filling there, which is not as advanced because it's not purpose-built for that the way Android's Autofill APIs are. Recently we've added an "Autofill compatibility" mode for Chrome which helps a bit, but it will not work the same as, say, Firefox until full Autofill support is available, which we're working with Google on. The only browsers with full Autofill support as of now are all current Firefox browsers, Opera Touch, and DuckDuckGo. So you'll have the best experience using one of those.

This discussion has been closed.