Auto-fill issues with 1Password for Firefox browser

1Password #Windows #Firefox #Auto-fill

The 1Password auto-fill is not showing up correctly when I start to type in the username dialog in Firefox browser. It rather shows the browser drop-down instead of auto-fill suggestions.
Alternatively, if I click the 1Password icon in the credentials dialog once, it opens up the auto-fill suggestions.
I don't see this behavior in Chrome browser.

Firefox version: 69.0.3
1Password extension version: 1.16.2

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @harish_ravikumar! I wonder if a 1Password X setting of yours got tweaked in Firefox. Can you right click on the 1Password icon in your browser and select Settings? Let me know if the show autofill menu on field focus option is enabled or disabled.

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

Hello @kaitlyn Many thanks for your kind response.
    I noticed the setting you've mentioned is enabled for the 1Password X add-on on firefox, but the issue still persists.
    Thanks,
    Harish

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@harish_ravikumar: Do you have Firefox's password management enabled? That can cause some interference.

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for your response. This setting is already off for my browser.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@harish_ravikumar – That's interesting. Thank you for sharing. Do you notice this happens on every website you visit or only on a select few?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@harish_ravikumar: To make sure we're even talking about the same thing, could you share a screenshot of the issue you're encountering in Firefox?

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

@kaitlyn @brenty Many thanks to both of you for kind responses. Appreciate your follow-up.

@kaitlyn - interestingly, this issue is not occurring for all the websites. I encountered this in one website which I use more often and have 20+ credentials.

@brenty here is a screenshot of what I encounter in Firefox, where I only have browser drop-down instead of auto-fill suggestions.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing, @harish_ravikumar. Do you find that the issue is intermittent or does the inline menu not appear each time you open login.salesforce.com? At first, I wasn't seeing the inline menu appear on the Salesforce site, but after I saved a Login item, it now shows up immediately each time I refresh. Just so I'm clear, does clicking the 1Password icon inside the username in your screenshot field bring up the inline menu containing your 20+ Logins?

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

Hello @kaitlyn Apologies for my delayed response. The issue I face is not intermittent and happens all the time with Firefox.
    I can see the inline menu appear only after I click the 1Password icon inside the username. This is contrast to how Chrome works, where I don't have to click the 1Password icon to open-up the auto-fill suggestions.
    If you want to know more details, please let me know.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for that info, @harish_ravikumar. I'm curious if you'd be willing to try out the 1Password X beta in Firefox. We've made some recent improvements, and I think the experience on the Salesforce site will improve for you. If you're interested, you can install the 1Password X beta for Firefox here.

Let me know how you get on!

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

Hello @kaitlyn Many thanks for your feedback and providing me with the option to test the beta addon. Just wanted to inform you that, after the Firefox upgrade to 70.0, I'm not facing this issue any longer in the websites I mentioned earlier.
    Have a nice day.
    Harish

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.