Mini window screen size problems

Stuart_Rogers
Stuart_Rogers
Community Member

When the mini app is launched from the browser. The app window display is very long and skinny. You must move the window with the mouse to see full details. There is no arrow at the window edge to resize this window.
The only work around I have found is use Pin to screen. You can then resize the window properly. However, the resize is not saved/remembered. Any ideas? Am I missing something here?

1Password Version: 7.4 Beta 0
Extension Version: 4.7.5.1
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:window size

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Stuart_Rogers: I'm not sure what you're describing. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• Stuart_Rogers
    Stuart_Rogers
    Community Member

Attached is a screenshot.

• Stuart_Rogers
    Stuart_Rogers
    Community Member

Here is another example

• Stuart_Rogers
    Stuart_Rogers
    Community Member

One more for good measure.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

@Stuart_Rogers: Okay I understand better now. Thank you! Maybe you did that accidentally originally, or you're using some other software to manage window sizing that was triggered inadvertently.

You should be able to resize 1Password mini again by clicking and dragging from the edge:

To clarify, the "Pin to screen" window and 1Password mini (shown in your screenshots) are two completely different things, so resizing one will have no effect on the other.

Anyway, let me know how it goes!

• Stuart_Rogers
    Stuart_Rogers
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty for your quick response. What is strange about reszizing the window from the edge is this. The double arrow appears. You can move the window to the left to resize it. You can only move the window size a small bit to the left. The double arrow changes to a single arrow. And further window reduction size is prohibited.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

@Stuart_Rogers: There is a limit to how small you can make it, but it's pretty darn small, in my opinion:

Too small for my taste, which is why I'm glad it defaults to something similar to what I posted above, and is also resizable. I'm not having trouble resizing it from any direction, but if you are, perhaps trying a different side would be more accessible, if the left is problematic on your system for some reason.

• Stuart_Rogers
    Stuart_Rogers
    Community Member

@Brenty Moved the 1Password icon to right of Safari. From the previous left side of the toolbar. That let me helped me in re-sizing the window. Got the window sized properly. Appreciate your help in this. Please consider this issue resolved.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Stuart_Rogers: Ah, great! Thanks for the update. In case it helps, as you may have moved it around during all of that, you can double-click 1Password mini if you'd like to reset it to its default position, upper-center-screen. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.