Using subscription without cloud vault

Options
dennis_hh
dennis_hh
Community Member

Hello,
I want to use my company's 1Password license on my private computer. I already have several work-related passwords in that vault, as well as a private iCloud-synced vault that I've been using since 1Password 5.
I am allowed to use this license on my private computer, but for compliance reasons I am not allowed to sync those passwords to it.
So here's the question: is it possible to use the company license/subscription without syncing the work vault to my local computer at all?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.16
Sync Type: 1password cloud

Comments

• arturo_aubry
    arturo_aubry
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hey @dennis_hh. Welcome to the forum!

It depends. If your company offers an individual account, then, it's not possible to choose which vaults are going to be synced on your private computer. It's important to note that, if your company offers a 1Password account, then everything is synced via 1Password.com and not through iCloud. We don't recommend having two types of syncing methods as it leads to confusion as to where you're saving and updating your items.

On the other hand, if your company has 1Password for Business, you'd have a free family account automatically. You can then save all work-related items in your business account and personal ones in your family account. No need to sync the work-related one to your private computer, as they're separated accounts.

Please let us know if that helps! I'll be around in case you need anything else :D

This discussion has been closed.