Issues with Password AutoFill when using iOS 13 (freezing, crashing, delays, Touch ID / Face ID)

Options

Comments

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID #IVB-66654-987

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @Furzul. :+1:

Ben

• pakman
    pakman
    Community Member
    Options

1Password running under iOS 13 on both iPhone 11 Pro and iPad Pro is basically useless with faceid. App constantly crashes, cannot get it to insert passwords in apps because app hangs when trying to access stored passwords. I submitted my diagnostics over email and tagged it as you suggested,

• Ben
    Options

Hi all,

We believe this to be fixed in the iOS 13.2 update from Apple. We've been testing 1Password with the beta version of that update, and this behavior does not appear to occur there. We're hopeful that the release of that update will resolve the problem for everyone.

Thank you.

Ben

• saifhemdani
    saifhemdani
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I have updated my iPhone 8 Plus to iOS 13.1.3 and the issue still exists.

Please advise.

Thank You!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@saifhemdani: As Ben mentioned in his comment immediately preceding yours,

We believe this to be fixed in the iOS 13.2 update from Apple. We've been testing 1Password with the beta version of that update, and this behavior does not appear to occur there.

• pakman
    pakman
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm as well that the problem persists in iOS 13.1.3.

iOS13.2 is not currently available from Apple and there is no scheduled release date.

Please advise. 1P is essentially non-functional currently.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pakman: As mentioned above, the only known solution is iOS 13.2. We're aware that it is still in beta, but its general release is not something we have knowledge of or control over. In the mean time, you can open the main 1Password app to get the information you need to work around this iOS Password Autofill issue.

• mwidawski
    mwidawski
    Community Member
    Options

I’m experiencing the same problem on iPhone 11 Pro running on iOS 13.2 dev beta 2

• Ben
    Options

@mwidawski (and anyone else)

If you're running 13.2 and are still experiencing this issue please send us a diagnostic report using the instructions in the first post of this thread. Thanks!

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@pakman

I understand the difficulty, but at this time it doesn't appear there is any change we can make with 1Password to improve this situation. iOS 13.2 appears to be the fix.

We did have one report from a customer that enabling 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Always show lock screen for Password AutoFill helped. I haven't seen any verification of that, though. This causes 1Password to handle unlocking, instead of Password AutoFill.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

All,

You may wish to try using the 1Password extension until iOS 13.2 is released. It is not available in nearly as many apps as Password AutoFill is, but it should work on most web pages:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone and iPad

Ben

• mwidawski
    mwidawski
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben - just sent it to you few minutes ago. I didn't receive any bot-confirmation yet

• Ben
    Options

@mwidawski

I'm not seeing any messages in our inbox from the email address that you have registered here on the forum. Could you please confirm you mailed the report to the address support+forum@agilebits.com?

If you did send to that address it may just be taking a few minutes for our email software to process the message. We are receiving a high volume of mail right now, so that may explain it.

Ben

• mwidawski
    mwidawski
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

@Ben - try to look for (hidden) email address. It's in my sent items so definitively email was sent

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019
    Options

Got it. Looks like it was sent to support+ios@agilebits.com. I'll add the report to the list for development to review. Thank you!

Ben

ref: NDF-78593-762

• mwidawski
    mwidawski
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben - thank you, just received confirmation: [#NDF-78593-762]

• Ben
    Options

Perfect; thanks!

Ben

• lmrosalesjr
    lmrosalesjr
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running iOS 13.2 beta 2 and it's very sporadic for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it locks up/freezes. Apple just released iOS 13.2 beta 3. I'm going to update and test before uploading diagnostics.

• Ben
    Options

Great, thanks @lmrosalesjr.

Ben

• mwidawski
    mwidawski
    Community Member
    Options

Just upgraded to 13.2 b3 - still the same issue. In my case it always works once and then when I try to logon to another app it freezes with the key lock on the screen.
    Also if it helps, it worked for me perfectly fine on iPhone X with iOS 13.2 beta 2. Issue started when I moved to iPhone 11 Pro (already tried to remove the app and re-install it)

• Ben
    Options

Just upgraded to 13.2 b3 - still the same issue. In my case it always works once and then when I try to logon to another app it freezes with the key lock on the screen.
    Also if it helps, it worked for me perfectly fine on iPhone X with iOS 13.2 beta 2. Issue started when I moved to iPhone 11 Pro (already tried to remove the app and re-install it)

Thanks @mwidawski. The news isn't ideal but at least we know in advance there are at least some cases where iOS 13.2 doesn't seem to resolve the problem. We'll keep investigating.

Ben

• lmrosalesjr
    lmrosalesjr
    Community Member
    Options

I just upgraded to iOS 13.2 beta 3 as well, and I'm still having the issue. Interestingly, I'm finding that it depends on the app I'm using. I can log in multiple times to my ally bank app, and it works every time. However, when I log into my US Bank app, it works the first time, then it freezes on the pin code screen on the second attempt . Even more interesting , if I swipe the US Bank app away, go back to the ally bank app, and log in, it works. I go back to the US Bank app, and again, it works the first time. A second attempt will lock up at the pin code screen.

• lmrosalesjr
    lmrosalesjr
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

@Ben support ID: [#ENN-48628-494]

ref: ENN-48628-494

• KevinHarney
    KevinHarney
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I currently am on IOS 13.2 and beta test for Apple. My IPhone X has not had any issues until uploading 13.2 and I use 1Password daily. Now on apps that require passwords and usernames after first reboot auto fills. After first use then subsequent auto fills lock up and require app closure. Have a ticket already on this issue [#CSP-84655-844]

ref: CSP-84655-844

• Marcus74
    Marcus74
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

My Diagnostic report has been sent [#BED-35352-797].

ref: BED-35352-797

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @KevinHarney. It looks like my colleague Kate has been in touch to see about some further testing. Please keep the conversation going with her by email. :+1:

Ben

ref: CSP-84655-844

• Ben
    Options

Thannks @Marcus74 and @lmrosalesjr. :)

Ben

• Eluder99
    Eluder99
    Community Member
    Options

Are you guys sure this is going to be resolved in 13.2? I’m seeing the issue in 13.1.3, but it works perfectly fine with Safari, each and every time. It’s basically broken with every other app. I’m not so sure this is going to be resolved with iOS 13.2 based on my experience, but I sure hope so.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Eluder99

As iOS 13.2 hasn't been finalized yet we can't be sure, but that is the best information we have at this point.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.