Issues with Password AutoFill when using iOS 13 (freezing, crashing, delays, Touch ID / Face ID)

Options

Comments

• marcingolf
    marcingolf
    Community Member
    Options

Please, go to pasword&accountssection on your settings then autoFill passwords and choice from which account safari will be taking passwords keychain or 3rd party

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion! :+1:

• ahamor01
    ahamor01
    Community Member
    Options

1Password will only work with some applications if Face ID is turned off (I.e. Nord VPN). On other apps, such as LG Smart TinQ, it appears to input the ID and password but can not log in. On repeated attempts the app freezes.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ahamor01

Thanks for the report. I've merged your thread with another on the same subject. Please see the instructions here to send us a diagnostic report.

For anyone else reading: please note that we only need reports from folks who are running the iOS 13.2 beta at this point. Thanks!

Ben

• pasema
    pasema
    Community Member
    Options

When I try to enter a password in IOS apps with 1password, the passwords option appears, and 1password opens, I am asked for touchID or master password and in both cases the application is blocked and I cannot fill in the fields. I have to close the app, open 1password and copy and paste the username and password manually.

1Password Version: 7.4.2
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: IOS 13.1.3
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:1password blocked filling

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pasema

I apologize for the inconvenience. This is an issue our team is investigating. At this point it appears the problem will largely be resolved with Apple's iOS 13.2 release. I've merged your thread with the ongoing conversation about this issue.

Ben

• pasema
    pasema
    Community Member
    Options

I have installed version ios 13.2 beta and the problem still exists. But I don't know how to pass you the error report

• jasondunn
    jasondunn
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running iOS 13.1.3 and over the past few days I'm still having major issues with 1Password. I've never seen this many issues from any previous version. :( I'd say it's about a 50/50 chance it will lock up the browser, forcing me to close it. It's now a very unreliable tool on iOS - are these known issues that will be addressed soon?

• KevinHarney
    KevinHarney
    Community Member
    Options

Kate and I have been back and forth through email and today she gave me instructions on a work around that worked and resolved all my previous freezing apps to now work flawlessly!! Thank you KATE!!!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @KevinHarney!

If it is the same thought process Kate and I were discussing earlier... it appears for some incredibly strange reason this only affects customers who only have one vault. This is partially why it was so difficult for us to reproduce the problem. Normally everyone here on the team has multiple vaults. In any event, adding a second vault may help work around the problem. I'm not necessarily recommending that, as it is an extraneous piece that should really be cleaned up after this situation is sorted, but if this issue is having significant impact on your workflow doing that may help for now.

ben

• KevinHarney
    KevinHarney
    Community Member
    Options

It is exactly as discussed and even though is not a permanent fix is a useable workaround for now. Your support staff is AAA+++ Thank you all!!!

• lmrosalesjr
    lmrosalesjr
    Community Member
    Options

@ben I’ve been dealing with this problem and had submitted my diagnostic file last week. After seeing @KevinHarney ‘s post, i added a second ‘test’ vault, and all is working as it should now. While not ideal, this workaround should be more widely publicized, until an update is released. It temporarily resolves an issue that makes an important feature of 1Password unusable. I’m a happy camper now.

• terry123
    terry123
    Community Member
    Options

I have been having crashing issues on iOS 13.1.3
    Since updating to 13.2, the problem has been solved in all apps and within safari
    BUT the issue seems to still exist within chrome

• terry123
    terry123
    Community Member
    Options

It was working fine as commented about until I changed my keyboard to 3rd party keyboard fleksy.
    Then the issue surfaced again on apps such as Spotify ,amazon, and now even within safari.

I have removed the 3rd party keyboard and reinstated the native keyboard, which was how it was when the problem seemed to go away.
    The problem stays even after reverting it.

However, after restarting the iPad after reverting to the native keyboard, the problem, once again, in apps and within safari are gone. The issue is still there within chrome but the workaround provided by Ben works fine for me as the issue gets solved

• Ben
    Options

@lmrosalesjr

I'm a little hesitant to more broadly advertise the workaround as:

1. It'll result in cruft in 1Password once the issue is resolved, which I would doubt most people would remember to clean up, and could result in confusion / difficulties down the road
    2. We haven't had an opportunity to test it very thoroughly yet - it was only discovered today

That said, if we hear a number of positive reports from folks participating in this thread, I'll likely update the opening post. I realize how valuable autofill is, and so if this helps people work around the issue until an ultimate solution is found the pros may outweigh the cons.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the kind words, @KevinHarney!

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@terry123

I'm glad to hear the workaround is working for you for now. :) I'm still anxious for a more permanent solution, which I think may be coming sooner than expected now that we have this additional data point.

Ben

• lmrosalesjr
    lmrosalesjr
    Community Member
    Options

@ben , understood. Thanks. Amazing how dependent I’ve become of Autofill.

• Ben
    Options

I know the feeling, though I do still find myself reaching for our share sheet extension occasionally. :+1:

Ben

• Marcus74
    Marcus74
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben
    I have been affected by the AutoFill crash ever since the ios 13 update. I want to Thank Ben, Kate and @KevinHarney for discovering a temporary fix for this issue. Adding the 2nd vault completely eliminates the AutoFill crash in Safari, 1password browser, and filling in 3rd party apps.
    Thank you 1password for having a dedicated support team that works with its loyal users to ensure they have the best experience. The Team is always available to answer any questions or concerns Day or Night. I do mean anytime as I see Ben posting at all hours of the night and early morning, not sure if you get any sleep.

• KevinHarney
    KevinHarney
    Community Member
    Options

Was1Password support staff and developers that came up with this workaround. I just couldn’t keep quiet and hopefully haven’t caused bigger issue. Thanks again 1Password!!

• Ben
    Options

@Marcus74

I do mean anytime as I see Ben posting at all hours of the night and early morning

Thanks for noticing. :)

I want to Thank Ben, Kate and @KevinHarney for discovering a temporary fix for this issue.

You're very welcome, but I have to give the credit for discovery to @bundtkate here. :+1:

Adding the 2nd vault completely eliminates the AutoFill crash in Safari, 1password browser, and filling in 3rd party apps.

I'm very glad to hear the workaround is working for you. We're still investigating a fix that does not require this workaround. Once that is available I would recommend removing the 2nd vault if not needed.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@KevinHarney

I just couldn’t keep quiet and hopefully haven’t caused bigger issue.

Not at all. Glad it is working out. :)

Thanks again 1Password!!

You're most welcome.

Ben

• pasema
    pasema
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

My English is not very good, but I understand that by creating a second provisional vault (even if it is empty) is the problem provisionally resolved?
    I have done so, and I still freeze the screen with third-party applications.
    IOS version 13.2 beta and I have sent the diagnostic report since I have version 13.1

• pakman
    pakman
    Community Member
    Options

I am on iOS 13.1.3 and just added a second vault. Regretfully, this same problems persist...accessing 1P from within an app causes the app to freeze, and when asked to log in to 1P from an app, the keyboard is in the way of the FaceID icon, so that cannot be accessed, and other issues.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hi folks,

While this is disappointing news, I appreciate you reporting it to us. If you have added a second vault and are still experiencing the issue please send us a fresh diagnostic report with the secondary vault in place.

If you have added a second vault, please try rebooting the device before testing further:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Thank you.

Ben

• pakman
    pakman
    Community Member
    Options

I restarted the phone (still on iOS 13.1.3) after creating a second vault and although it worked once, the 1P app still crashed while accessing it from within another app. Also still can't use FaceID to login.

This discussion has been closed.