Issues with Password AutoFill when using iOS 13 (freezing, crashing, delays, Touch ID / Face ID)

Options

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi all,

We have released a beta version of 1Password which we believe resolves this problem. If you are interested in beta testing the fix, you can get on the beta track here:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/flDiG5AU

Please let me know how it turns out. If everything goes well with the beta we should have a stable release containing this fix soon after.

Ben

• pakman
    pakman
    Community Member
    Options

Yay it works! Thank you @Ben!

• Ben
    Options

Excellent, thanks for the update @pakman. :)

Ben

• lmrosalesjr
    lmrosalesjr
    Community Member
    Options

@ben

• I was using the 2nd vault workaround
    • Removed 2nd vault
    • Confirmed problem came back and it did
    • Installed 1Password beta
    • Tested, and works!

I’m running 13.2 beta 4

Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

That's great, @lmrosalesjr. :+1: Thank you.

Ben

• radi0girl
    radi0girl
    Community Member
    Options

When can we expect this release? I’m currently unable to open any app on my phone that requires a login.

• dakeeper
    dakeeper
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue, iphone 11 latest OS

• macpublish
    macpublish
    Community Member
    Options

Subscribing

• Ben
    Options

Hi @radi0girl

I realize it is less convenient, but you should be able to copy & paste your credentials from the 1Password app into apps that you need to log into until the update is released. It is currently in beta testing. I would generally expect that to last into early next week. If all goes well we would then submit a public release to Apple for review (this is a mandatory review process all app updates for all apps must go through). That'll probably take a few days.

If you're anxious you can either try the public beta ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/531524/#Comment_531524 ) or the workaround mentioned above: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/531259/#Comment_531259

In short: this should be sorted in the near but not immediate future. Thanks.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dakeeper

Please see above. :)

Ben

• laugher
    laugher
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben I am having the same issue but only when I am using Google Chrome on iOS. When I am using Safari, it’s fine. Hope you folks narrow it down.

• iphoneuser
    iphoneuser
    Community Member
    Options

I am seeing similar issues with an iPhone running iOS 12.4.1 when I try to log into a WiFi network. Tapping the Passwords icon on top of the keyboard causes the lower part of the Enter Password screen to become blank and the window is frozen (e.g. Cancel does nothing). I have to force quit Settings. I tried turning off Touch ID in the 1P app security settings but that did not resolve the issue. I can still copy/paste the needed login credentials.
    I have archived version 7.4.1. I presume I can roll back without trashing the password database (right?) until a fix is available in the App Store.
    Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I have archived version 7.4.1. I presume I can roll back without trashing the password database (right?) until a fix is available in the App Store.

@iphoneuser: It's not something we can recommend, you will likely lose any data in the process, and I don't believe that would actually solve the issue anyway. iOS 13.2 should help in many cases, and we're also testing some changes in beta currently that may as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@laugher: Thank you for sharing that! That's a new one to me. I'm not sure why it would be any different. Hopefully upcoming changes in both iOS and 1Password should help you as well though.

• laugher
    laugher
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

@brenty its been happening for a few days now. Not sure if it’s iPadOS or not but it may possibly be because I only updated recently. Been using Safari everyday since as Chrome definitely causes 1Password plugin to simply stall. I’ll wait til you folks to roll out the proper fixed version. In the meantime, the workaround is Safari.

More data for you. When it stalls in Chrome, I simply switch out of Chrome either by switching to another app or pressing the home key (still using the old iPad Pro with a home button). When I go back to chrome, it’s usable again but any attempts to use 1Password auto fill freezes it again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@laugher: That's very helpful. Thank you! I did see something similar to that on a friend's iPad on an earlier OS version, but it seemed to be resolved by recent updates there. We'll keep an eye out. Glad to hear that you're able to work around it in the mean time at least. :)

• korey_sed
    korey_sed
    Community Member
    Options

This beta version seems to have fixed the issue. it was very annoying on iPhone with iOS 13 but seems to be working now. Thanks

• macpublish
    macpublish
    Community Member
    Options

On iPad Air 2 running iOS 13.1.3 and Safari. The bug usually occurs on accounts with more than one login (I have my wife’s logins as well). I tap on the password key to see login options, tap on the desired login, and the 1Password screen comes up but fingerprint does not unlock it. The only option is to use home button to return to home screen, then try entire process again. Usually works on retry.

It has been an inconsistent bug but everything seems to be working ok on first try today. As far as I know, 1Password hasn’t been updated, so not sure why it self-corrected—or if it will stay corrected.

Some more info: I thought maybe a restart of the iPad might fix it so I did that yesterday. It did not change anything.

• brownm52
    brownm52
    Community Member
    Options

I know this is not new news, however I was experiencing the same issue:

I too was experiencing the same issue, with Face ID and without. If trying to autofill password the 1Password screen would appear, unlock and hang, forcing the app to close meant that trying a 2nd time the 1Password screen would not appear.

Installing the beta via Test Flight has fixed the issue, thank you from a very long time user of 1Password Pro.

• janierose1
    janierose1
    Community Member
    Options

What’s the status of a fix??? So frustrating

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that the latest beta helped :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@janierose1:

Have you tried installing the latest TestFlight beta?

• janierose1
    janierose1
    Community Member
    Options

No I have not but I will give it a try - thanks!

• Ben
    Options

At this point we haven't had any reports that I'm aware of where this issue persists on the current beta build. As such hopefully we'll be able to get that into a stable fix soon.

Ben

• evbhudson
    evbhudson
    Community Member
    Options

I'm still having the same issue with 13.2 - Apps just freeze up as they are trying to bring up 1Password

• Timmer
    Timmer
    Community Member
    Options

I can also confirm the beta fixes the problem with iOS 13.2.
    Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks @Timmer. :)

Ben

• David Cher
    David Cher
    Community Member
    Options

same issue on 13.2

This discussion has been closed.