Issues with Password AutoFill when using iOS 13 (freezing, crashing, delays, Touch ID / Face ID)

Options

Comments

• David Cher
    David Cher
    Community Member
    Options

when will the beta be released to prod ?

• Ben
    Options

@David Cher

Hopefully soon, though beyond that to some degree we are at the mercy of the App Store review process.

Ben

• saltenberg
    saltenberg
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated to ios 13.2 on my iphone SE and still have the problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@saltenberg:

Are you using the latest 1Password beta?

• saltenberg
    saltenberg
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated to ios 13.2 on my iphone SE and still have the problem.

• saltenberg
    saltenberg
    Community Member
    Options

No, 7.4.2

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@saltenberg: Then you can either try the beta as suggested above, or wait for the general release of the next 1Password update, as that should help if the iOS update did not.

• macpublish
    macpublish
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for getting off topic but I can’t find an answer to this. How do I unsubscribe from email alerts to this thread?

• Ben
    Options

@macpublish

No worries. Unfortunately there isn't a great answer to that. Notifications are sort of an 'all or nothing' as far as threads you have participated in. When 1P staff responds we try to @ mention the person we're replying to, so they can be notified that way if they have the participation preference turned off. You can adjust your notification preferences here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/preferences/

Ben

• macpublish
    macpublish
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, thanks. I’ve adjusted the notifications settings and have my fingers crossed.

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member
    Options

I have updated to iOS 13.2 and I still have the problem. Not a beta but the general release.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Furzul:

The stable release has not been updated yet. Please feel free to install the beta if you want to try the fix already ;)

• robinsol
    robinsol
    Community Member
    Options

And it’s still crashing. Wtf this is so annoying. I’m starting to think I made the wrong decision in choosing a password manager. Doesn’t matter how secure you are if the bloody app doesn’t work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019
    Options

To clarify, as mentioned earlier, iOS 13.2 -- the stable release -- has helped some people with this issue; it is available now. For those still experiencing the issue after updating to iOS 13.2, we have a beta of 1Password, which will receive a stable release in the App Store soon. :+1:

• golem
    golem
    Community Member
    Options

I can´t agree more with robinsol. Just updated to iOS 13.2 and 1Password still sucks. This has lasted for weeks. Let me repeat myself: weeks! Even the horrible Lastpass works better than your app. Stop blaming others and properly apoligize.

• Ben
    Options

@golem

Please see the opening post of this thread, which has been updated with the latest information: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/107974/issues-with-password-autofill-when-using-ios-13-freezing-crashing-delays-touch-id-face-id/p1

Ben

• resting
    resting
    Community Member
    Options

Still stuck in iOS 13.2 too :(
    Hope beta gets pushed forward soon.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The beta has been available for a bit now, as mentioned in that post Ben keeps re-linking. :)

• golem
    golem
    Community Member
    Options

Well the thing is that not everyone wants to play with some nerdy TestFlight apps. What we want is a proper update. 1Password behaves even more badly after 13.2 update than before. Where is the fix? How soon is soon?

• David Cher
    David Cher
    Community Member
    Options

it is getting irritating that to make it work i need to reboot the phone .

• Ben
    Options

@golem,

I understand the frustration, and it is certainly your prerogative to not install the beta. But that's where the fix is, and we need to be sure that the beta actually fixes the problem before releasing it in a stable build. I imagine you'd be even more frustrated if we released an update and it didn't resolve the problem.

If you'd rather not try the beta, but are anxious for a workaround, it may help to create a second vault. For whatever odd reason it appears for the most part this problem is limited to folks who only have one vault. If you do go that route, I would highly recommend deleting that vault once the update is available.

I can't say exactly when 'soon' is. To some extent we're at the mercy of the App Store review process that all apps and updates have to go through before they can be released. That said, I wouldn't expect it to be much longer.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@David Cher

I'm sorry for the irritation. You can install the beta build, try creating a second vault, or wait for the next stable update (which should be coming soon). Any of those should resolve the issue. As I mentioned in my post directly above if you do opt for the second vault workaround I'd recommend deleting that second vault once the update is released.

Thanks.

Ben

• golem
    golem
    Community Member
    Options

Hard to believe, but after I added a second vault and restarted the device problem seems to have disapeared. Still, credit on 1PW ain`t high currently.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Uh I think Ben definitely gets credit for that suggestion. :lol:

• M3th0s
    M3th0s
    Community Member
    Options

Yeha same issue here.
    Unfortunately I can't even join the beta as it states it's full.
    Anything that can be done about this?
    Thanks in advance

• dnyc
    dnyc
    Community Member
    Options

Why do you guys keep suggesting that people join the beta when the beta is full? This bug is incredibly annoying.

• joopla
    joopla
    Community Member
    Options

Glad I found this thread. Ok, I’m in the same boat. I figured I was likely not alone!

Question- Does anyone know when the stable release is scheduled/expected?

This discussion has been closed.