Issues with Password AutoFill when using iOS 13 (freezing, crashing, delays, Touch ID / Face ID)

123457»

Comments

• M3th0s
    M3th0s
    Community Member

Not atm it seems however they do advise you to join a beta that's full :pirate:
    Guess we'll have to wait for a stable release.
    Super frustrating when I have a load of different password (security and all that) so no way I can remember randomly generated passwords. There's also 2 factor enabled on most accounts that support it.
    The amount of work it takes to swap between apps and copy and paste is ridiculous.
    I can understand the devs are at the mercy of apple when it comes to publishing, however, a bug like this should've never slipped the net. It renders the app unusable in essence.
    At least make more space in the beta so more people can get the fix?

• kesslink
    kesslink
    Community Member

The beta release program seems to be full according to testflight. So is there any way to resolve this until a new version appears?

As others have said, it's very frustrating. Especially since the problem seems to have been going on for more that a month now.

Any help would be appreciated, including an update to the blog post that was last updated on 10/24 - suggesting to try the beta app - which is actually NOT available to join right now.

Thank you.

• M3th0s
    M3th0s
    Community Member

Was able to get on testflight this morning so maybe they've opened a few more slots?
    Currently testing it and the issues seems to be gone.
    Will update throughout the day

• Hi folks,

Thank you for letting us know about the beta being full. We don't get any sort of automated notification when it fills up. We're looking into increasing the available slots in the beta, removing folks who are signed up but have never installed a beta version, or haven't installed one in years. That should help alleviate the issue for the immediate future.

We have submitted a stable build to Apple, and it is currently pending their review. I can't say how long their review process will take, but generally it is less than a week.

Ben

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

Just a quickie posting to leave here as a reference (I haven't read the several page thread for all the detail!), to show you a screenshot of the 1Password autofill issue on the latest Chrome browser on iOS 13.2:

...a sort of "ghost" effect with nowhere to go, and the browser freezing until you leave Chrome and go to another app, then return back again to Chrome.

And yes, I’ll wait for the update to hit.

• @jimthing

The first post of the thread is updated with the latest information to avoid anyone having to read through 7 pages worth of content. 😆

And yes, I’ll wait for the update to hit.

Fair enough. :)

Ben

• Hi all,

I'm very happy to announce 1Password v7.4.3 for iOS has been reviewed/approved by Apple and should be making its way through the App Store. Please install this update and let me know if this resolves the issue.

If you had previously joined the beta, please consider leaving the beta program by opening the TestFlight app, tapping on 1Password, and then tapping "Stop Testing" (in red; at the bottom).

Thanks!

Ben

• cheil_1password
    cheil_1password
    Community Member

The new version fixed the 1Password hanging issue successfully for me. Thanks for the quality fix and good communication with this thread.

• Thanks for the update @cheil_1password. :) Very glad to have this one behind us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.