Windows issue with constant need to input master password

I have recently experienced, when I use my windows pc, I am constantly being asked for my master password, regardless of the fact that it has already been provided and the computer has not been locked or shut down.

Eg: I open 1Password, have to put master password in - I close 1Password and immediately try to re-open, it asks for master password again. Is this to be expected?

I have checked the settings and I should only be inputting the master password once when the pc has been initially booted or it has come out of locked status.

My PC does not have ‘windows hello’ but, at one stage, I was able to simply input my windows passcode to use 1Password repetitively each login. That is gone, perhaps removed by a more recent upgrade of 1Password and/or windows?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: (X) - 1.16.2. Normal - 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BH73: Thanks for getting in touch. I’m sorry for the confusion. If you're using 1Password X (version 1.16.2) in your browser, that's designed as an entirely self-sufficient extension to be used without the 1Password desktop app. It has its own settings and locking. When you use that, it runs entirely within the browser, since not everyone can or wants to use the desktop app and its companion extension. So when you close the browser, it's gone, and you'll need to unlock it again when you reopen the browser. If you prefer the desktop app and want to use that integrated with the browser, you can install the companion 1Password desktop extension instead of 1Password X:

https://1password.com/downloads/#browsers

I'd recommend choosing either 1Password X or the 1Password desktop app/extension to use, rather than mixing everything. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.