Simple question: How do I move an item in UnFiled to its proper place in a sidebar tag?

GuffeeGuffee Junior Member

What I wrote above pretty much says it all. I'm a new user of 1PW7 and am very pleased with it. However, I can't figure out how to move an in item up to a sidebar tag. If I drag it, the entry in UnFiled remains, so that I have duplicate items. If I edit the tag-path in the item to match what I desire, nothing happens.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: folder on our hard drives
Referrer: forum-search:how to move an item from UnFiled in 1Password 7

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @Guffee!

Can you please clarify what "UnFiled" is?

Thank you!

• GuffeeGuffee Junior Member

Hi :)
    It's a Smart Folder in the lower-left of the Sidebar. Its purpose is (or, was) to catch all the new login-items created by 1Password. It seemed to have been put there by default in 1PW7. I didn't create it.

I did always have one in 1PW3 (or 1PW4) thru 1PW6. Beginning with 1PW3 or 1PW4, installation of 1Password automatically installed the Smart Folder (actually named "_UnFiled", with an underscore in front). AgileBits discontinued installing it with, I think, 1PW5, and encouraged users to create their own.

As I said, "_Unfiled" appeared when I recently installed PW7. If 1PW7 didn't create it, it must have been imported from my 1PW6 when I transferred all of its data over to 1PW7.

I'm guessing I should not have the "_UnFiled" Smart Folder, and that it won't work in 1PW7 as it has in years past! Am I right?

Otherwise, if it could work as usual, how do I retrieve login-items from it, to place in a sidebar tag (folder)?

That's it, I think. Thank you.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Guffee,

Smart Folders are being deprecated. I'd recommend migrating to the use of tags:

Organize with favorites and tags

If you'd like a way to see which items are currently untagged you can try this:

To find all untagged items, open 1Password for Mac and select the magnifying glass in the search field. Select Show Search Options, and then set up the search like this:

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file