1Password Extension not working on Chrome (macbook)

Hi there.

I am currently running 1Password (on mac) version 3.8.2
Version 3.8.20 (build 31499)

I am also running Chrome Version 21.0.1180.82

The problem is I get the red exclamation mark and states that one of the problems (in Troubleshooting) is that there is no connection to the 1Password Helper.

I read on some of the posts that I should upgrade to 1Password 3.9. However, I bought this app from the website (not the App Store) and when I do check updates, it states I already have the latest version.

Not sure why the extension stopped working but it is quite frustrating. Could you please let me know what I can do to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, stepwise! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

There is no need to purchase 1Password 3.9 from the Mac App Store. 3.8.20 is the latest version of 1Password available from our website. The apps are essentially identical. They just have different versions for technical reasons. 1Password 3.9 will not solve the problem, but I would be happy to get it resolved for you.

As mentioned in the steps when you click the "Troubleshooting" button, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

In 1Password 3.8, just select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report from the menu bar.

Then attach the entire file to an email to support AT agilebits DOT com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.