Can't upgrade to 1P7 because the IOS app needs IOS 12. I can't go to 12 and don't want IOS 13 yet.

sscjeat
sscjeat
Community Member

I have my 30 day temporary membership. I have 1Password 6 on my Mac (High Sierra 10.13.6). I have 1Password 7.1.1 on my iPhone (IOS 11.4.1). But I'm confused about software configurations.

I've held off upgrading to 1Password 7 on my Mac because I need to sync with my iPhone. But system requirements for 1Password on IOS for my iPhone say I need IOS 12. As of Oct 12, 2019, Apple won't let me upgrade to IOS 12, only to IOS 13. I don't want IOS 13 because it is too unreliable yet. I can't go to IOS 12 because Apple won't let me install it. So I'm stuck with IOS 11. So my conclusion is that I can't use the IOS version of 1Password 7!

Yet (I'm so confused), it appears that, somehow, I have 1Password 7.1.1 installed AND working on my iPhone (IOS 11.4.1) AND syncing via Dropbox to 1Password 6 on my Mac. How can this be? I thought I needed IOS 12.

Question - Staying with 1Password 7.1.1 on my iPhone (IOS 11.4.1), can I safely keep my iPhone configuration yet install 1Password 7 on my Mac and still maintain operation and sync between the two devices? Am I missing some important capabilities?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1 password 7 iOS 11

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sscjeat: I'd definitely recommend getting up to date with iOS, not just for important security fixes, but huge quality of life improvements like Password Autofill:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

And indeed, you won't be able to update to the latest version of 1Password for iOS until you update iOS itself.

Question - Staying with 1Password 7.1.1 on my iPhone (IOS 11.4.1), can I safely keep my iPhone configuration yet install 1Password 7 on my Mac and still maintain operation and sync between the two devices? Am I missing some important capabilities?

You will likely run into compatibility issues down the road if you continue trying to update some things but not others, but you should be able to use both together for the time being, as a temporary solution.

This discussion has been closed.