1Password7 not syncing with 1password.com on my iPhone

Options
lyssalivingston
lyssalivingston
Community Member

I have iOS 13.1.2 on my iPhone 7, and OSX 10.15 on my personal and work computers. I was setting up my work computer yesterday and needed to add a new password for one of several new accounts. I did this using 1Password7 on my iPhone. I then discovered that the entries on my phone were doubled, ie, each entry had two copies, except for the one new entry. I don't know why this happens as I can't point to the specific thing I have done that might cause this. This is not the first time this has happened, though. In order to fix this previously, I deleted the 1Password7 app, rebooted my phone, redownloaded the app, and the multiple entries were removed, so I did this process again. It was then that I discovered that the new entry was no longer on my phone. It was also not on 1Password.com, nor was it on 1Password7 on my home computer.

I am resigned to having lost that password. I would like to understand what I did that caused the password to not sync with 1Password.com. I would also appreciate if you can explain what I might be doing that is causing the multiple entries on my phone.

Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: 10.15
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lyssalivingston! Welcome to the forum!

From what you wrote, I suspect that you had an additional vault in 1Password on your iPhone, and that you stored this password there rather than on 1Password.com. The fact that you had duplicate items in the app until you reinstalled it would also confirm this.

Were you by chance syncing with a third-party sync method such as iCloud or Dropbox in the past?

• lyssalivingston
    lyssalivingston
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Thanks for responding. I don't remember deliberately adding a second vault on my iPhone. For what it's worth, I did look at my settings and saw only one. However, I assume that's what I would see since I had reinstalled the app.

I may have had one the first time I saw duplicate entries when I was first setting up 1Password7 and playing with the settings, however I don't remember adding a second vault. It's hard to say if I did that the second time, since I now know what that problem is, but I wasn't doing anything with the settings while adding the account. I did use the app to add the new account; perhaps I did something then?

I have had 1Password since 1Password4 and have been using DropBox all this time. When I installed 1Password7, I switched over to a subscription.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lyssalivingston:

I may have had one the first time I saw duplicate entries when I was first setting up 1Password7 and playing with the settings, however I don't remember adding a second vault.

I think that the second vault was added when you switched to a subscription. Adding an account also adds your 1Password.com vaults, which is separate from any existing vaults you have in the app.

Until you remove the old vault, you will have two in the app after you migrate your data from the old vault to the 1Password account.

• lyssalivingston
    lyssalivingston
    Community Member
    Options

Ah. Ok thanks. I will certainly remove the old vault!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.