Any solution found or implemented so far? Having the same issue now (about 18 months later...), I found this post.
To sync a change from iPhone to Mac desktop took about 8-10 minutes - not seconds. All updated to the lastest version.
We've made a lot of progress in 1Password for Windows since this beta in spring 2018, yes; but no, there is no one-size-fits-all "solution", as it depends entirely on your software and network environment. We're continually tweaking the connectivity to work around issues like that, but need to be cautious since something that might work well for one could cause problems for another's configuration. We also don't want to be too aggressive since that can eat up a lot of system resources -- and, by extension, can also trigger an aggressive response from security/firewall software.
I've split our conversation into its own thread here as you've replied to a very old thread that may not be related to your issues. As Brenty mentioned, we've made a lot of improvements since the original releases and it should be nearly real-time sync for everyone and we haven't seen many reports like this in several months.
If you are not seeing your item changes popping up in less than a few minutes, please email us your diagnostics report. Use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at [email protected]. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.
Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.