Smart Folder

leoleoleo
leoleoleo
Community Member

I used to use folder to organized all my password and use a smart folder to find any unfoldered password. I understand that since 1password7, folder is removed by using tag. How can I do an advance search for all the items that is not in any tags?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @leoleoleo

To find all untagged items, open 1Password for Mac and select the magnifying glass in the search field. Select Show Search Options, and then set up the search like this:

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Ben

• Tony Martinez
    Tony Martinez
    Community Member

So, no way to save this as a smart search any longer... :(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I am afraid not @Tony Martinez, you can run a custom search but at the moment you cannot save it. Sorry :(

• Tony Martinez
    Tony Martinez
    Community Member

This seems to be a trend with many software updates, the loss of functionality for (perhaps) niche use cases. May not be significant for 90% of your users, but for those with massive password databases that need updating, those smart filters were a time saver. Now, we're stuck regularly to manually construct a series of searches on a regular basis to keep our data clean and organized.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I appreciate the feedback @Tony Martinez. While I cannot make any promises, I will pass your feedback to the rest of the team.

This discussion has been closed.