Retrieving passwords from third party account

Options
jbschwartz55
jbschwartz55
Community Member

On IOS...

I recently changed my Bank of America login and now are experiencing an awkward process in restoring the new credentials to accounts that use the bank account.

Example: I'm using Venmo for the first time after changing my Bank of America credentials. Venmo transaction barfs...requests updating the Bank of America. Launch 1Password from the form that Venmo presents. 1Password is available. 1Password recognizes that I am using Venmo and displays Venmo credentials (which i don't need), but doesn't allow the option to change the selection to Bank of America and retrieve Bank of America credentials. I need to stop the process, exit out to the 1Password app and perform a separate lookup for Bank fo America, and manually try to remember the user name while I cut and past the password (or vice versa). And then back to the Venmo process, hopefully remembering the credentials fro Band of America.

What is needed is the option to search another vault item (Bank of America) instead of being limited to just the amount that launched 1Password (Venmo).

Makes me not want to change by Bank of America password.

Is there a better way?

1Password Version: 7.3.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jbschwartz55

Copying and pasting, or adding Venmo to your Bank of America login, would be the best solutions here. If you'd like to try the latter, add a website field to the Bank of America login with https://www.venmo.com in the field.

Ben

• jbschwartz55
    jbschwartz55
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent!

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.