What does 1Password x do?

Options
tracedef
tracedef
Community Member
edited October 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm finding 1password unusable due to the ongoing issues with 1password mini appearing when trying to autofill ( tinyurl.com/y3t24mav ). I've just learned about 1password x and am not clear on how it is different apart from it using 1password servers and not being a local app? I've read the 1password x page description but still not clear.

If I delete the Mac app and start using 1password x, will that make 1password usable again for me and stop the issues linked to above? Why would someone use 1password and 1password x simultaneously as outline in the forum post linked above? As an end user / layperson, I'm not really concerned about the servers involved or whether the app is local or not, I just need the product to work and am unclear if this might be a solution .... thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tracedef! I'm glad you asked. I'll give you a quick overview of 1Password X before diving into your questions.

1Password X is a full featured 1Password extension for Chrome and Firefox that can be used without a connection to the 1Password desktop app (but runs smoothly alongside it), and access to it comes with our 1Password.com accounts. It has a bunch of awesome features that the 1Password browser extension doesn't have, like your Logins will be available directly underneath the field you want filled. Not only that, but there's an inline suggested password feature to ensure you opt for strong passwords on any new account you create. 1Password X is also the best filling experience we offer, so you can expect to have extremely reliable filling on the fly.

If I delete the Mac app and start using 1password x, will that make 1password usable again for me and stop the issues linked to above?

Yes, that's right. The bug you linked above is specific to 1Password for Mac.

Why would someone use 1password and 1password x simultaneously as outline in the forum post linked above?

I personally use 1Password X to fill inside my browser, but I prefer editing items in 1Password for Mac. Without 1Password for Mac, I'd be editing items inside my web browser and I just prefer the desktop app UI over that. While it's still in being tested at the moment, you'll be able to edit items from 1Password X directly in 1Password for Mac when you have both of the betas installed. You can learn more here.

I hope that helps a bit, but I'm here if you think of any other questions!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of kaitlyn, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.