Suggestion: offer "edit" button when creating new logins

Some sites prompt me to create a username and a password on two separate web pages. Thus, I enter my email or username on one page, click submit, and it takes me to a page to create a password. In these cases, 1PasswordX generates a password and saves it with a blank username. In order to add the username, I have to open my vault, find the entry, and edit it. It would be nice if there was an "edit" button right there on the save dialog in the first place. It would be even nicer if it offered to autopopulate the username field with my most common usernames (including my email address).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

Hey @TheCat! What I'd do in that situation is save a Login on the first page, then update the Login I just saved on the second page. If you have an example website URL for me, I can explain exactly what I mean. I just can't seem to think of a multi-page registration form off the top of my head at the moment.

I agree that it'd be nice to have the ability to edit the item before pressing the save button, though. I'll pass that feedback along to the rest of my team. :)

ref: x/b5x#708

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file