in chrome, when I choose a login it goes to a 1password search field to select a login.

dalanpruedalanprue
edited October 23 in Mac

This is really annoying. When I click on the 1PW extension in chrome and then select the auto-selected web page login (which is always correct for whatever web page I am on) instead of logging me in it pops up a 1PW screen with a search box for me to enter which login I want to use. The extension already recognized the web page, already gave me the option for the correct login, and when I select "AUTOFILL" it pops up the bloody new screen for me to enter into the search box what web page login I want. This problem started back in High Sierra and it is still doing it now in Catalina. ARRGH!!!!

1Password Version: 7.3.2 (70302004)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS Catalina 10.15
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:in chrome, when I choose a login it goes to a 1password search field to select a login.

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @dalanprue!

Is this happening just with this specific website or with all of them?

• ag_ana, This is happening on more than one web site but not on all web sites. It is intermittent and very frustrating. The last ARGH!!! was when I was trying to log into LifeLock.com.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@dalanprue:

Can you please try right-clicking on 1Password mini in the menu bar and selecting Quit 1Password Completely? If you now launch 1Password again, are things working again?

• ag_ana,

I did as you suggested and after the restart of 1PW it filled in the UN and PW correctly and successfully. I do hope this is not going to be a requirement every time I come to a web page where 1PW does not work. Any thoughts?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@dalanprue:

Please keep an eye on this and see if it happens at specific times. Since filling is working, there might be something on your system that is interfering with 1Password.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file