data-com.agilebits.onepassword.user-edited="yes" is ruining my month

Options

After much debugging, we just figured out that 1PasswordX is directly interfering with our application, which uses the popular morphdom library to manage DOM updates.

You can quickly see for yourself: http://expo.stimulusreflex.com/demos/book_search

When you put in a search term, the contents of the input element will be cleared out when the first set of results arrive. If you temporarily disable 1PasswordX or go into Incognito Mode, the problem goes away.

If you have the input element open in the Chrome Inspector, you briefly see that the plugin has inserted the data-com.agilebits.onepassword.user-edited="yes" attribute into the element's markup. After the text disappears, the attribute is gone with it.

If this was just impacting me, it would be a pain in the ass. If it was just impacting one site, I could add it to a list of sites to ignore. However, this is impacting everyone attempting to use (increasingly popular and common) morphdom-type DOM diffing libraries.

I've found a few references to other issues with this attribute on this forum, and while you guys are always impressively friendly and responsive, you have historically been opaque about meaningful plans to address this or anything like a timeline. There doesn't seem to have been a follow-up on this post in almost two years, for example.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Ubuntu Chrome
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @pjforde1978 ,
    Thank you for the detailed information. Although I already replied to the support ticket you sent separately, I'll reply here as well since it is on a public forum.

I have tested this website with 1Password X and saw the behavior you are talking about. I then tested it with 1Password X beta, which has some new features and a new autofilling logic, and it works perfectly well on that website. Feel free to download and install the beta and test it for yourself, or you can wait a bit until it reaches the stable version.

I hope that answers your issue and concerns regarding our future plans :)

This discussion has been closed.