Dropbox Sync with iPhone Not Working

Hello. I've had my iPhone app set up to sync via Dropbox for quite some time, but recently noticed my newly created passwords were not synching. I am using Chrome bowser extension to create most of the passwords, a few directly in 1Password. I have tried to repair the data file and reset the Dropbox sync on my iPhone, but no luck. Please help! Thank you.

Comments

• bradlby
    bradlby
    Community Member
    I'm having the same problem, this had been working until very recently. My desktop is still syncing properly with dropbox but both my iphone and ipad are not. When I push the sync now button in the ios app's dropbox settings I get this error:

Failed to begin Dropbox sync. Unknown error.
    {
    error="Invalid or missing signature"
    }

Ticket: <OAServiceTicket: status=forbidden, code=403, body:{"error": "Invalid or missing signature"}>
  • I'm getting the same error on the ipad version as well.
  • crswaff@yahoo.com
    edited September 2012
    Same here. What do I need to do?

I have rebuild the data base on my Mac. And reinstalled the app on my iPhone. I have reset the sync with dropbox. And here is what I get each time:

"Cannot find 1Password date in Dropbox. Please make sure you are using the latest version of 1P on your Mac desktop. Also make sure that Dropbox is fully synced on your desktop." Each of the items above has been done.

How can I fix this?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, everyone. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

I know some of you have mentioned that you already performed the steps in the pinned thread at the top of this forum, but if you haven't yet, please be sure to follow the steps to rebuild your data file on your Mac and reset Dropbox syncing on your iOS device(s):

http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/10167-troubleshooting-dropbox-syncing/

crswaff, it sounds like you are experiencing a different issue since the error message is different, but the same troubleshooting steps in that post may help in your case as well.

If you're still having trouble, could you each please send us a Diagnostics Report?

In 1Password 3.8, just select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report from the menu bar.

If you are using 1Password 3.9 (from the Mac App Store), you'll need to follow the instructions here:

http://support.agilebits.com/kb/troubleshooting/create-a-diagnostics-report-to-help-agilebits-help-you

Then attach the entire file to a support ticket:

http://support.agilebits.com/discussion/new

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited September 2012
    There is no need to submit the report unless you continue to have errors. Dropbox was having issues on there end and have said so publicly they also have said its fixed now and I also have access back to the several apps I was having issue with.

So give it a try again thanks.
  • bradlby
    bradlby
    Community Member
    I reset all my sync settings this morning and was able to successfully sync all my ios devices, so it must have been the dropbox issue that was causing a problem. Thanks for looking into it!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2012
    Great! Thanks for letting us know that everything is working well, bradlby. :D

As thightower mentioned, there were some issues on Dropbox's end which should now be resolved.
This discussion has been closed.