iPad split view

matthew2
matthew2
Community Member

Hi

With complex master passwords it’s really important to be able to see the characters I type in the password field as I type them, however with the 1Password app on split view the box doesn’t move up the screen when the keyboard opens so you can’t see yourself filling in the field.

Are you aware of this UI issue?

Cheers
Matt

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mdeluk!

I don't have an iPad here to test this, so may I ask if you could post a screenshot of this?

If you could also provide the 1Password for iOS version and the iOS version itself, it will be useful so we can try to reproduce this.

• matthew2
    matthew2
    Community Member

Hey

Yeah sure please see the screenshot so you can see what I mean :)

iOS version is 13.1.2. 1password version 7.4.2

• Thanks @mdeluk. I see what you're describing now. I will file a request with our development team to see if we're able to detect:

1. If 1Password is in split view
    2. If the virtual keyboard is on the screen

And suggest that if we are, we modify the UI to display accordingly. I'm not sure those are things that we are able to "see," but development should have a good idea. Beyond that, I'd suggest using the autofill feature of iOS in conjunction with 1Password, which may help avoid this issue in the mean time:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4330

• matthew2
    matthew2
    Community Member

Hey Ben

Yeah I do use the auto fill feature but sometimes just like when you are on desktop it is easier to actually use the app, e.g. when you have passwords that you only need specific characters from.

Cheers!

• Yeah I do use the auto fill feature but sometimes just like when you are on desktop it is easier to actually use the app, e.g. when you have passwords that you only need specific characters from.

Indeed. Thanks for taking the time to report this. Hopefully we can improve the behavior.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.