Is it possible to make 1Password fill-in less "promiscuous"?

Options
Slobie Taboobie
Slobie Taboobie
Community Member
edited October 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

Is there a way to make 1Password NOT consider a Record with a fully qualified domain name in the record's Web Address field as a candidate for a website which is NOT an exact match for the Web Address in that Record? I have different login credentials for two different, fully qualified, web addresses on a same domain and do NOT need/want for either of credentials to show up as an option for the other.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: X
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• Hi @Slobie Taboobie! It's not currently possible to change this behavior, but I'd be happy to pass on the request. :smile: I would like to note that exact matches should appear at the top of the list currently, so it should at least be fairly simple to sort through the available logins (although I understand not wanting to show them at all).

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Slobie Taboobie

1Password's ordering logic is as follows:

• Favorites (A-Z)
    • Exact Matches (A-Z)
    • Similar Matches (A-Z)
    • Suggestions

If the URL you are currently on is identical to a URL in a login you have stored in 1Password, and that login does not show up first on the list, there are two possible reasons for it:
    1. You have other logins with that exact same URL, and these other logins are named in a manner that orders them so (since it is ordered alphabetically).
    2. You have logins with the same base domain (but might have a different sub-domain) that are marked as favorites, which is why they show up first.

If that does not clarify the situation or is not what you are experiencing, feel free to provide us with some examples of your setup and logins URLS so we can understand what is going on.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for clarifying @Slobie Taboobie .
    I went ahead and tested what you said with 1Password X and it seems like it does recognize exact matches and does list them first if similar sub-domains logins exist:

Is this not what you are experiencing?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Slobie Taboobie: Why? What are the URLs for those Login items, and what is the URL of the page you're on?

This discussion has been closed.