To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1 Password 7 is frozen and preventing updates from taking place.

Options
MCSosey
MCSosey
Community Member

I upgraded to a membership, but I had to download 1 Password 7 before upgrading. It looks like everything is working for the most part, but I wonder if I can uninstall 1 Password 7. Do I have a membership with my vaults, and can I safely uninstall it without losing my passwords?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac OS Catalina 10.15
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1 Password 7 is frozen and preventing updates from taking place.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @MCSosey

1Password 7 is designed to work in conjunction with your membership. You could remove it, but how would you then plan on accessing your data?

Ben

• MCSosey
    MCSosey
    Community Member
    Options

I reinstalled 1 Password 7 and then deleted the old vault. I was able to get my passwords through my.1password.com while it was uninstalled. I'm sure that I did things in a round-a-bout way, including starting the process on my Mac but finishing it on my iPhone. Thanks for your help.

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha. Once you're signed into your membership in 1Password 7 and have deleted your Primary vault you should be able to access your data in 1Password 7, which is the configuration folks typically opt for. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.