To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cannot sign in on desktop

yandlem
yandlem
Community Member

I established a new family account today on iPad and successfully added it to android phone. I can not, however, add it to my desktop (Windows 10). I receive message that email, secret key or master password is incorrect. All have been checked and re-enterd a number of times. I have also selected various login regions from the provide drop down list. Have also tried from website and app.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1809
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @yandlem

Are you able to sign in at https://my.1password.com/ ? Please let me know.

Ben

• yandlem
    yandlem
    Community Member

No, just tried again with both .com and .ca . Same message: Can’t sign in. the email and Secret Key are not correct

• @yandlem

That would seemingly indicate that the details you are entering are not correct. If you look in the Personal vault on your iPad there should be a Login item for 1Password. That should have all of the correct details on it. Are you able to find that item?

Ben

• yandlem
    yandlem
    Community Member

Yes, have confirmed all info is correct. Have tried repeatedly on desktop without success. Also Tried to sign in as new account. Email was recognized and and I selected to sign in using existing account. Info was again not recognized

• @yandlem

To confirm: you're entering the Master Password that is recorded on that item, and not necessarily the one you use to unlock the 1Password apps?

Ben

• yandlem
    yandlem
    Community Member

That is correct

• @yandlem

Have you tried copying and pasting from the record? Could you please email us a screenshot of the error you're getting? Our email address is support+forum@1password.com. Please post the support ID you get from BitBot here when you get it.

Thanks.

Ben

• yandlem
    yandlem
    Community Member

Just tried to sign in again, and it worked...no error this time. Not sure if it was just a waiting game, or a behind the scenes tweak, but thank you!

• As much as I'd love to be able to take credit... we didn't make any changes on this end. :) In any event, I'm very glad to hear it is working now.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.