1Password Mini and Pin On Screen on full screen app

Options
pgriffin90
pgriffin90
Community Member

Hi, I usually work with apps on full screen. Usually if I click Pin On Screen in 1Password mini it stays on top of the full screen app. I believe it's been since upgrading to Catalina that it doesn't work on a full screen app. Instead it will open on a different work space with non full screen apps. It used to be when this would happen I could quit and restart 1Password and then it would work. Now it's not.
Thanks

1Password Version: Version 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15 (19A602)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pgriffin90

Thanks for the report. We'll investigate. Thanks!

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4319

• heinzgnehm
    heinzgnehm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there
    First of all thank you very much for the 1Password app, which is excellent and works for me so well in so many different ways.

After upgrading my MacBook Air to macOS Catalina I noticed the same behaviour as «pgriffin90». I work a lot with Microsoft Remote Desktop to connect to remote Microsoft Windows Servers in full screen mode. When the screen saver of the remote server kicks in, I used to pin the relevant 1Password entry to the screen and it floated on top of the Windows login screen (alas, no copy & paste allowed) and I was able to reveal the password and enter it manually into the password field. After the upgrade to macOS Catalina, the first click to «Pin On Screen» always throws me back into the Mac desktop and only on the second try the 1Password window stays fixed and I can enter the Windows password. I can work with that, but since I do this several times a day, I get annoyed every time, because it used to work flawlessly on the previous version of macOS. I would be thrilled if this little glitch could be corrected in a future release of 1Password.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

Heinz

• Ben
    Options

@heinzgnehm

Thank you for taking the time to chime in with your experience. We have seen a couple of reports of this, and our developers are aware of the situation. Hopefully we can get it fixed up in a future update.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.