Asked for password on Face ID iOS device

Options
Wiplash
Wiplash
Community Member
edited October 2019 in iOS

I have an iPhone Xs and am asked for my master password when opening 1Password every now and again. Can I remove the need for the master password altogether? I've got Face ID enabled to authenticate me. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Wiplash

Touch ID / Face ID cannot be used as a complete replacement for the Master Password. Your data is encrypted using the Master Password, and so it is still required on occasion. You can adjust how often the Master Password is required, but you cannot get rid of or forget it entirely.

Ben

• Wiplash
    Wiplash
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. Where can I adjust how often the Master Password is required? In the 1Password App under Setting > Security, there is a message saying that the Master Password will be required after two weeks but I don't see any option to adjust this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Wiplash: I think you're getting two different things confused. The option you're referring to is in 1Password Settings > Advanced > Security > Require Master Password. If you do change that, please be aware that you're out of luck if you forget your Master Password, as you will need it eventually. 1Password Settings > Security is for general lock settings, not when the Master Password specifically will be required.

• Wiplash
    Wiplash
    Community Member
    Options

That clarifies things, thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Wiplash, on behalf of brenty, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.