Sync delays between iOS app and macOS app

Options
parekh
parekh
Community Member

I modified a login in my iOS app (added a website url). It's been 20+ minutes but I still don't see the change on my macOS app. When can I expect to see this change? Also, is there any way to manually force a sync immediately? Thanks! :)

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member
    Options

The issue was resolved after ~30 minutes, but I'm still curious to know how I can force a sync immediately if I don't want to wait!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @parekh

Locking and unlocking the apps will 'force' a sync, if one is possible (i.e. you have connectivity to 1Password.com). :)

Ben

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben : Thank you! Locking / unlocking the macOS app seems straight forward, but how do I lock / unlock the iOS app?

• Ben
    Options

@parekh

On iOS: 1Password > Settings > Security > Lock Now will lock 1Password. You will need to unlock with the Master Password (not Touch ID / Face ID).

Ben

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Is there any reason why we don't have a simple "sync now" button?

• Ben
    Options

Sync is designed to happen automatically whenever changes occur. If it isn't, something is wrong (likely a connectivity issue), and a "sync now" button isn't any more likely to be able to make a sync happen than the existing processes that are already in place.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.