What if I have no internet access? Or, what if 1Passwords servers are down or offline?

Options
ccartter
ccartter
Community Member

I am not a customer -- yet. I'm persuaded by your security whitepaper that you have the best product out there. But I am still unsure what happens if your company folds, or if i have no internet access or if your servers are offline, or if my subscription lapses. What happens to my ability to access all my secured sites and services?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:What if I have no internet access? Or, what if 1Passwords servers are down or offline?

Comments

• Tomatillo
    Tomatillo
    Community Member
    Options

I am new to the product; however, I had the same question and concern.
    To your question: Your data is local to your device as well. Therefore, if you are using a local app, QuickBooks, for example, you can use 1Password as you normally would. 1Password will know your credentials, just as if you were online. When your online connectivity resumes, any changes you made to your logins - user names and passwords - while you were offline, will sync with the 1Password servers.

With that, when you then leave your home and decide you would like to order dinner online and pick it up on your return home, your login information will be on your phone, synced from the 1Password servers. Etc.

I hope that helped!

Tom

• Ben
    Options

I don't think I could've said it any better than @Tomatillo. Thanks for the assist, Tom! Indeed, your data is cached on your device, so being offline temporarily (you or us!) isn't that big of a concern. When connectivity is re-established, everything will sync. I hope that helps @ccartter!

Ben

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

If your subscription lapses, then 1PW can still be used in a dumb mode. No adding passwords or editing them. Also, I think, no automatic filling of passwords but you can still use drag and drop. So no access is lost, but usability is reduced.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.