ugraded to 1Password 7 on mac and 1P wants new master password

Options
plw1080
plw1080
Community Member

Been using 1P (6.8.8) on my mac laptop (Mojave 10.14.6) for long time now. Due to Safari changes I upgraded to 1P 7.3.2 but after entering my credit card info the screen prompted me to enter a new master password. What do I do now?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @plw1080!

You can choose a new Master Password if you wish, but we recommend using the same one you have been using until now (provided it is strong enough to be accepted) :)

• plw1080
    plw1080
    Community Member
    Options

But I want to be sure my database of passwords gets transferred over

• plw1080
    plw1080
    Community Member
    Options

want to get chrome 1P plugin but need to login to my 1P account which requires a Secret Key.
    I have never had a secret key.

1P Welcome says "Be sure to print out your Emergency Kit. It’s where you will find your Secret Key" but clicking on
    "Emergency Key" link sends me to page to Sign in to 1P account which requires a Secret Key. So its circular loop

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@plw1080:

But I want to be sure my database of passwords gets transferred over

That is unrelated to the password you choose. They could be different and you will still be to transfer your data.

want to get chrome 1P plugin but need to login to my 1P account which requires a Secret Key. I have never had a secret key.

Have you already created your 1Password account or are you still at the Master Password phase? You only get a Secret Key if you completed the signup phase, at which point you will get asked to download your Emergency Kit with your Secret Key.

This discussion has been closed.