UR Browser "1Password refused connection from untrusted source"

Options

I see from other posts that this is a recurring problem. I couldn't find any posts related to UR Browser (Chrome-based similar to Brave).

Browser and 1Password are up-to-date.

UR Browser Version 73.1.3683.41 (Developer Build) (BETA) (32-bit)

I've tried both the Beta version 1.17.2 and stable version 4.7.5.90 of the Chrome extension.

I can see UR Browser listed in 1Password/Settings/Browsers under the "Refused Connection Attempts" heading, which states "UR by AdaptiveBee SASU, process ID 10564"

How can I fix this? I love 1Password, Brave was crashing my laptop, so I switched to UR, which I like much better.

Can you please get 1Password to make up to UR so they'll be happily wed and I can do my bleeping work?

(jk, not pissed, but I am a bit frustrated, lol ;-) )

1Password Version: Windows 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.17.2
OS Version: Windows 10 v.1803 OS build 17134.1069
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:"1Password refused connection from untrusted source"

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Millard,

I am afraid that UR browser is not one of the supported browsers (Edge, Brave, Firefox, Chrome, Opera), so you won't be able to use our companion extension there.

However, if you have a 1Password account, you can try installing a stable version of 1Password X (for Chrome). It works entirely in your browser, so it won't need to connect to 1Password 7 for Windows on your PC. Please give it a try and let me know how it works for you. Thanks ! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Millard
    Millard
    Community Member
    Options

Aw, I like Betas! ;)

Thanks Greg. I installed the stable version, logged in, and looks like it's working. I hope you guys put UR Browser on the menu. Chrome from Google is just too bloated, all the MS browsers are crap. Firefox got dog slow so I switched to Brave, but recently it started not only crashing Windows but my laptop itself (Black screen of death). I'm loving UR, so I'm sure that it's going to gain quite a following as long as it stays as fast and uncluttered as it is now.

Thanks again! Love 1Password!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Only time will tell. Hopefully they update it to be more current with Chromium, as 73 is super old. Anyway, glad Greg was able to help. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.