Permission to record the computer screen

hesspaulhesspaul Junior Member

A user sent me an alert that 1Password is asking for permission to record his computer screen. Is this legitimate? See screen shot.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @hesspaul!

This permission is needed for scanning QR codes (to configure two-factor authentication on websites and also to scan your Setup Code to configure your 1Password app instead of having to type your login information manually).

• hesspaulhesspaul Junior Member

Thanks @ag_ana! Since they denied the access is there a way I can have them allow it again, or at least to reset the denial so that the dialog will come back up next time the need it?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@hesspaul:

Yes, if you open macOS Preferences > Security & Privacy > Screen Recording, they should see 1Password in the list (unchecked). If they check the 1Password 7 entry again, they will grant that permission again :)

• hesspaulhesspaul Junior Member

I looked in my own Security & Privacy and do not see Screen Recording as a suboption. Within the Privacy tab the only suboption that includes 1Password for me is Camera. I'm on Mojave (10.14.6) and this is on Catalina (10.15.*). Is Recording a new setting in Catalina?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Yes, it's a new menu in Catalina @hesspaul :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file