Trying to install 1password 7

utinreg
utinreg
Community Member

Due to 1password 6 not being able to work with with Apple Safari, I am trying to update to 1password 7, and have been invited to join my father in-laws account. I have installed version 7, and and have logged into the website and I am also able to login to the desktop application. When I go into Preferences I see that an account that has my name is shown as frozen, I believe that this maybe from a couple of years ago when I was trying out a different version. Under Preferences there is also my father in-law's name, and under that I can see my name and that it is subscribed.

I have 4 vaults listed. One with my name dated 3/23/18 and has 3 items in it. Many of the items in the vault look to be old, and some of the newer items that I have created are not included. One with my father in-laws name and my name underneath it and it was created on 10/25/19 and it has 3 items in it. One that says Primary (and is showing on my MAC) with 195 items in it, but it does not have everything that it used to have. I know that I created a login about 18 months ago that is not listed in it, and that is also no longer listed in 1password on my iphone.

I tried following the instructions from https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/ and from https://support.1password.com/add-account/?mac with no luck.

When I attempt to follow these instructions:

If 1Password doesn’t ask you to migrate your data:

1. Choose Vault menu > Switch to Vault, and select a vault in your new account.
    I did that and selected the vault that was created on 10/25/19.

2. Choose Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account
    The "Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account" option is not selectable under Tools. This sounds like what I need do, but I can not select it.

What should I do now? I also send an email support request yesterday, and have not heard back from anyone on that.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @utinreg! Welcome to the forum!

I also send an email support request yesterday, and have not heard back from anyone on that.

Can you please let us know what your ticket number is so we can locate your message in the system?

• utinreg
    utinreg
    Community Member

PAR-19691-973

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @utinreg. I managed to locate your email in our systems. We have been receiving more messages than usual lately so we are a bit slower in our replies, but we will get back to you as soon as possible over there.

ref: PAR-19691-973

• utinreg
    utinreg
    Community Member

I'm still waiting to hear back from someone.

• @utinreg

I'm very sorry for the delay. I'll do everything I can to be sure you get a reply today.

Ben

• utinreg
    utinreg
    Community Member

Still waiting for a response. It has been 14 days!!!!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I apologize for the delay and we appreciate your patience. As Ben wrote, we have requested your email be handled with additional urgency by the relevant team.

• utinreg
    utinreg
    Community Member

It has now been 18 days with no response. Seriously??? !!!!

• @utinreg

This is 100% our fault. I'm very sorry. I've replied to your email now explaining the situation and how this happened. Mea culpa. I hope you can accept my sincere apology that this was not handled in a timely fashion.

Ben

• utinreg
    utinreg
    Community Member

Ben, Thanks for the comment, and your email. But when will I get a response back, to my continuing issue? What you told me to do did not resolve the issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I see that both Michael and Brenty have replied to you via email in the last days, so I will close this conversation and we will keep all discussion via email to avoid confusion, and to make sure we keep everything in one place.

This discussion has been closed.