Upgrade problems- so confused/frustrated

scrags
scrags
Community Member
edited October 2019 in Mac

Just upgraded from v6 to v7 on mac. I use Dropbox to sync. A few issues. The migration stalled during installation. I finally had to force quit. Tried to migrate again, same thing. V7 app now has two vaults - Primary (my only vault prior to upgrade) and Personal. Personal has 25 of the 600+ logins from my Primary, I presume this is where the migration stalled. So, the app seems to work okay but if I go to the online account I created during installation I only see the (incomplete) Personal Vault, no Primary vault. From what I've read it sounds like Personal is/should be an online version of my Primary vault, but as I said it's incomplete. My goal would be to use 1Password to sync, and do away with Dropbox syncing. I also have two other macs, one iPhone and an iPad that sync with my Primary vault. I have not upgraded any of them. I would like to get matters on my MacBook Pro sorted out before compounding problems with my other devices.
EDIT Forgot to mention - if I go to Help/Tools in the app the option to Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account is dimmed.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scrags! Welcome to the forum!

I would like to get matters on my MacBook Pro sorted out before compounding problems with my other devices.

Agreed, let's focus on this device. Once the migration is complete, you won't have to do anything else on your other devices.

You can perform the migration again manually if it failed the first time. You can empty the contents of your vault on 1Password.com (so you don't end up with duplicated after you perform the migration a second time), and then move your items manually from your Primary vault to your Personal vault :)

• scrags
    scrags
    Community Member

Thanks for getting back to me. That's what I finally did - Select All in my Primary Vault and dragged them into my Personal Vault. Then I deleted duplicates. I have set up all of my other devices and deleted all Primary Vaults. Everything seems good EXCEPT (don't you hate when that happens?) 1Password7 is using significant energy when using Safari. My MBP (2013, 8 GB, running OS 10.14.6, Safari 13.0.2). Fans are running almost non stop and I can watch my battery level drop. I saw a few posts concerning this same issue but did not see any solutions. Please help. Thanks! Gregg

• @scrags

That may indicate that 1Password is stuck in a loop. While 1Password is consuming significant energy please send us a process sample and a diagnostic report. To create a diagnostic report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

To generate the process sample:

1. Open the Activity Monitor
    2. Select the process that is using significant energy in the list and choose "Sample Process" from the Gear icon in the toolbar.
    3. When it is finished, save the sample to a file.

Attach the diagnostics and sample to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/108389/upgrade-problems-so-confused-frustrated#latest
    • Your forum username: scrags

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Ben

• scrags
    scrags
    Community Member

Thanks so much for getting back to me, Ben. I kinda got ahead of you. I downloaded your Troubleshooting Utility, generated a diagnostics report and emailed it (all from within the app). At the same time I used the utility to run all available repair routines (repair permissions, attributes, reset launch services, etc). After rebooting the issue seems to have resolved itself. Fingers crossed. Is it possible/likely that those routines corrected the "stuck in a loop" situation?

• Is it possible/likely that those routines corrected the "stuck in a loop" situation?

Possible, though I suspect time as a bigger factor. Glad to hear it worked out. :)

Thanks so much for getting back to me, Ben.

You're very welcome.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.