Anomalies when showing and hiding the 1PW7 app

Options
dmitch77
dmitch77
Community Member

I've noticed some odd and awkward behavior involving showing and hiding the app since upgrading to 1PW 7. The following screen movie (in a public dropbox file) illustrates the problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bc710qlz88dmek4/1PasswordShowAndHide.mov?dl=0

• With Safari visible (and 1PW app running, but hidden) click the 1PW extension button in Safari's toolbar.
  • Two instances of 1PW display - the one associated with the Safari extension, and the app.
  • Click on the app to bring it forward. The app is now the active app, as seen by the menu bar appropriately changing to 1Password 7.
  • Try to hide the 1PW app. You can't. Its Hide menu item is greyed out even though it's not the only app that's running.

There are two things wrong here. One, the app does not need to become visible when I click the Safari 1PW extension button. Two, when the app does become visible, you can't hide it.

Part of this also happens when I hit cmd-\ to fill in a name&password in an open web page. Both the Safari's mini-version of 1PW, and the app itself, become visible. Sometimes in this case the app can be hidden, sometimes not.

1PW 7.3.2 (claims to be the up-to-date version)
2017 iMac running macOS 10.15

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15
Sync Type: iPW subscription

Comments

• chadseld
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hi dmitch77,

This is caused by a change in the architecture of 1Password 7. In 1Password 7, both the main app and the mini app are the same process. So they are both un-hiding together. This was not the case in version 6 and prior. I'll look into this specific scenario and see if we can fix the issue. Thanks for the detailed report.

This discussion has been closed.