What is the wireless router template useful for?

I am trying to understand the motivation and use cases for the wireless router template.
It seems to not very useful to fill the router password when I connect to it, and on multiple occasions,
has no reasonable way to fill in the SSID password (in any case, the OS wants to coopt and store the SSID password in itself anyway).
Many WiFI routers have more than 1 SSID (one for the 2.4GHz spectrum, one for the 5GHz spectrum), and the template only stores one.

In the workplace, I dont actually have access to the wireless router, just the SSID for the access point, and have to do captive portal authentications,

so wondering how this was envisioned to be used

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302004) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kv3!

It seems to not very useful to fill the router password when I connect to it, and on multiple occasions, has no reasonable way to fill in the SSID password (in any case, the OS wants to coopt and store the SSID password in itself anyway).

I believe the OS does not allow us to fill those details automatically, but the template is still useful because you need to enter the Wi-Fi password at least once on your device. The OS will store the password from then on, but it's still convenient to be able to copy and paste it.

Many WiFI routers have more than 1 SSID (one for the 2.4GHz spectrum, one for the 5GHz spectrum), and the template only stores one.

You can store as many sections as you want if you create custom ones.

This discussion has been closed.