"auto-fill" suggestion mini-dialog in field pop-up **too** aggressively

I think this is an issue specifically with 1PX beta, but I could be wrong about where the issue lies. Regardless, I feel as if the mini-dialog that comes up in/under a username/password field in a browser window is overly aggressive. That is, when I'm happily typing away, about to paste something into a field (e.g. password), the mini-dialog pops up and not only grabs my attention, but covers other information.

Note that when I'm doing this, I'm often testing features of our web-app or doing other similar stuff, so I'm typically using the keyboard and tabbing between fields on the webpage. In that environment, when using the keyboard and TAB key, I find the mini-dialog distracting and sometimes it covers useful information.

Conversely, when I click with the mouse into a field, I would expect the mini-dialog to come up.

At least that's my perspective. I'm sure there are any number of opinions out there. Perhaps if it's unresolvable in the general case, an additional "UI interaction" option to only present the dialog when clicking on the 1P icon added to fields?

1Password Version: 7.4.BETA-0
Extension Version: 1.17.2
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@esquared: That does sound strange and annoying. Can you clarify this though?

when I'm happily typing away, about to paste something into a field (e.g. password), the mini-dialog pops up and not only grabs my attention, but covers other information.

Do you mean any time you try to type or paste into a webpage, 1Password comes up? Also, which part of 1Password is opening exactly? You seem to have 1Password for Mac there, which of course is composed of both the main 1Password app window and 1Password mini. But then you've also got 1Password X installed. Which are you seeing? Are you using desktop app integration with that?

Conversely, when I click with the mouse into a field, I would expect the mini-dialog to come up. At least that's my perspective. I'm sure there are any number of opinions out there. Perhaps if it's unresolvable in the general case, an additional "UI interaction" option to only present the dialog when clicking on the 1P icon added to fields?

Yeah that's really gonna be a tough sell for most people -- especially since the reason you're contacting us now is 1Password coming up when you don't want it. I can definitely see both perspectives though. :lol: Unless you've disabled it, you should get the 1Password X inline icon/menu when selecting username or password fields. But let me know more if you're -- paradoxically -- having trouble with that too. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file