Multiple similar website logins show up on iOS password auto-fill, difficult to pick correct login

Options
nnnn959lou771
nnnn959lou771
Community Member

When logging into instutional/university websites (email browser, intranet, evaluation portal, etc) which share similar webpage addresses, the auto fill feature of 1Password on iOS brings up all of the related logins to that institutional website rather the one specific to the exact webpage. Since the logins share the same username but have different passwords, it often becomes extremely difficult to know which one of the list is the correct login (since only the username is labelled). This issue occurs on the Mac too, however, when using the Safari extension the Title (login name) of the login appears so that I can discern which of the related logins is correct. Wondering if the Title (login name) can be displayed when using Safari auto fill on iOS rather than the username. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Multiple logins pop up for similar websites

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @nnnn959lou771

If you select the "1Password" option at the bottom of the autofill interface that will open the 1Password UI where we can show the item titles. We do not have the ability to show the titles within autofill's UI.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• sdimbert
    sdimbert
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with this original post whole-heartedly. I love 1Password, tell lots of people about it and evangelize for it among the folks I support at the school I work for... but this one issue is really, really painful. Please see the screenshot below, showing the native iOS support for 1P in Safari on the left and the slide-over version of the 1P app on the right. I need the circled text to somehow show up in the autofill interface.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sdimbert

Unfortunately it can't. There is no way to make that happen with the current state of the autofill feature. But if you tap on 1Password at the bottom of the list there, it'll open a 1Password UI, which can and does show the item titles.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.