Missing Safari extension in 10.15.1

Options
dsm363
dsm363
Community Member

I just updated to 10.15.1 for MacOS. The Safari extension is missing now. I searched forum and didn't see this posted so sorry if I missed it. Tried installing extension but says 'included in 1Password 7'.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dsm363 - I'm sorry for the trouble. That's correct: you can't install the 1Password extension into Safari 13 because version 13 requires the new Safari App Extension format, which is built into the 1Password app itself. So, if you install 1Password 7 for Mac, it will (or should) install the 1Password extension into Safari automatically; no further action required.

If that didn't happen, I'd try these steps:

1. Quit 1Password 7 completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu)
    2. Quit Safari
    3. Restart your Mac
    4. After restart, re-open both 1Password 7 for Mac and Safari.
    5. In Safari, go to Preferences > Extensions and look for the presence of the 1Password extension. It will have the same version number as the main app itself (7.3.2). If you see it, make sure it's enabled (checked) in the sidebar of the Extensions preference window.

Let me know how that goes for you.

• dsm363
    dsm363
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

It was checked but still not there.

I unchecked it and then checked the box again. It is working now. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dsm363 - glad to hear it! Let us know if you need assistance with anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.