Manage Passwords only feature?

When I setup 1Password X, it decides to manage Passwords, Payment Info Addresses and More. Since I use it for my passwords, and do not store my payment info, addresses or form data...this means that I do not have addresses and form data working (I don't store my payment info anywhere)

Is there a setting I am missing that will allow me to "not" use 1Password for addresses and form data...? (see attached profile settings)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mattnlynn
    mattnlynn
    Community Member

Second page of settings

• Hi @mattnlynn

We do not recommend having multiple password managers enabled (including the one in your browser) as they'll almost certainly conflict. Is there a reason you'd prefer to use the built-in password manager for addresses instead of 1Password's Identities feature?

Ben

• mattnlynn
    mattnlynn
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Nope, you misunderstood. I want to:

• Use 1Password for Passwords

• Use the Browser for Auto-fill of Addresses and non-password related forms

...sorry, and to add, by taking over the addresses "and more" section, the browser won't auto-fill anything, in any form. So common responses, coupon codes, etc.

• mattnlynn
    mattnlynn
    Community Member

To be honest, sure, I can learn/use identities, if that is for addresses. ...but the "and more" is killing me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

@mattnlynn: We don't get that kind of granularity. This is a browser entitlement, and we can only request it as-is. It's possible that cold change in the future. Out of curiosity, which browser version are you using exactly? I wouldn't mind testing it to see if I can suggest something. But indeed, we do recommend disabling built-in browser autofill both for usability and security, since it can be a bit promiscuous.

• mattnlynn
    mattnlynn
    Community Member

OK, I am using Edge Insider

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ahaaa. Yeah things seem to work quite differently there. I'm not sure that offers a solution, but we'll look into it and keep an eye on things as the new Edge progresses. Thanks for bringing this up!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mattnlynn: Just a quick followup, a colleague said something that made me realize I may have misunderstood what you were asking originally. If you want, you can disable the "Make 1Password the default password manager" option for 1P X and then make adjustments to the browser's saving/filling settings. Let me know if that helps.

• mattnlynn
    mattnlynn
    Community Member

OK, I can check on that, thanks!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

:+1:

This discussion has been closed.