Suggestion: Re-order Custom Template Objects

Options
Oxnyx
Oxnyx
Community Member

I understand that custom Templates are still in a somewhat limited release but I would like to suggest that the ability to re-order the fields on the "master" Template would be helpfully.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Templates

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Oxnyx

Thanks for the suggestion. Once an item is created based on a template it is unaffected by changes to that template. They are their own entities at that point. I believe what you're suggesting would require a change to that, where items created from a template would somehow be linked to that template. That comes with its own set of difficulties, but is perhaps something we could consider if there is enough demand for it.

Ben

• Oxnyx
    Oxnyx
    Community Member
    Options

Even if the only the new object where effect it would be a help!
    So that without rebuilding a template I could say move field 3 to field 2 to make the order of all my templates match.

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha! I think I initially misunderstood your request, but I see now. Yes, I can definitely see how it would be helpful to be able to re-order the sections and fields on a custom template. I'll file a request with development for their consideration. :)

Ben

• imaldonado
    imaldonado
    Community Member
    Options

I'd love to add my support for this request - Both times I've created a custom template, I've reached the end only to realize I'd forgot to add a section that should have been close to the top, and was forced to open a new window, create a new template, and one by one copy all the sections and fields over in the correct order just to get that single late addition to where it should be.

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.