To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Reverting to paid up version after membership trial?

Sean1
Sean1
Community Member

I currently have the paid up front version (6.8.8) of 1P. If I trial the family membership version, will I be able to revert to my original version using Dropbox syncing etc. if I don't want to proceed with membership?

1Password Version: 6.8.8 (688001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:can I revert to version 6 after free trial of family?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Sean1: Yep! 1Password will have you remove your local (non-account, sync'd with Dropbox) vault from the app, but the data itself will not be deleted, so you can go right back to it if you want to. And if you have any questions along the way just let us know. :)

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Woops, took me a long time to respond and I didn't see Sean1 already got a response ^_^

• Sean1
    Sean1
    Community Member

Cheers :)

• Sean1
    Sean1
    Community Member

...trying to join from App Store doesn't appear to be offering the 1mth trial? is that only from your website?
    I also can't see any option for Family membership or does that only appear once I sign up?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

@Sean1: There's a promotion running in the App Store, so there is not a trial there currently. You can sign up for either an individual or family membership though. If you're not sure which you want, I'd recommend signing up through the website, since it's trivial to change it later in that case. It is not possible to change the account type through the App Store.

• Sean1
    Sean1
    Community Member

...a promotion for 1P or in general?
    There appears to only be the option to get 1P 7 followed by the option to get individual membership. Do I have to download that in order to then choose which type? I want the family version

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Sean1: Ah yes, thanks for asking: You need to install the 1Password app, run it, and you'll have the option to setup your membership and everything right there. If you simply subscribe through the App Store all you have is a subscription, no account or anything. But again, the free trial would be through the website.

• Sean1
    Sean1
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty

• On behalf of brenty you're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.