Safari Technology Preview 1P Extension Problem

HFTobeasonHFTobeason Junior Member

Clicking the 1P extension icon in Safari Technology Preview instantly opens Safari and the 1P extension in Safari.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.BETA-0 (70400000) 1Passwor
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.1 (19B88)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• HFTobeasonHFTobeason Junior Member

Never mind - turns out I had to change System Preferences > General > Default web browser to STP.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the update @HFTobeason! :+1: I am glad to hear that you managed to get things sorted out :)

• maculamacula Member

I stand (partly) corrected: I was declaring STP as default browser within the Preferences pane of the browser itself, not the system-wide System Preferences > General. I think it would make sense to alert the user about this distinction. Thanks.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the update as well! :+1:

• edited December 2

Is there anyway that I can use the 1P Extension within each of Safari and Safari Technical Preview simultaneously? I often switch between using both browsers, often I have them running at the same time in my browser testing and having to set this setting every time I want to be able to use it in one, or the other is a royal pain. The times that I do forget to switch it I have to deal with Safari [proper] launching along with all of my browser tabs that I have opened.
    This didn't happen with the old style plug-in with 1Password 6. It was able to use the extension quite well and independently of each other, just as I use it in Safari vs FireFox. I'm still not a fond lover of the 1Password 7 mini/extension.

• rudyrudy

Team Member

@skippingrock,

The only way to use it in both is going to be to switch the default browser setting in System Preferences -> General when switching between the two, unfortunately.

• yes, that is what I have to do, but as I mentioned, a bit of a pain, especially when the default one is quit and relaunches.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file