Problem with autofill in Chrome

Hey,
Please take a look at this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0gr4thyv1w6rsq/1password.mp4?dl=0
How can I fix this? This happens too often on all websites.
Chrome Version: 78.0.3904.87
I also have another Mac with a different 1Password account and have the exact same problem.
Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.15.1
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mhabedinpour! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the video! I see that you are then able to fill your credentials using the 1Password browser extension at the end of the video. Can you please explain what you are doing before the credentials get filled, so we can test this here too?

• mhabedinpour
    mhabedinpour
    Community Member

I’m doing nothing except trying autofill repeatedly until it works as you can see in the video. Sometimes it works immediately, Sometimes it works after one try, I even remember trying autofill 5 times until it finally worked. I really don’t know why and it’s very annoying. As I said it is not limited to a specific website and everything is updated.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mhabedinpour:

Thank you for the confirmation. I wonder if this may be connected to an issue we are investigating where 1Password might have issues when a single tab is open in the browser.

Are things working as expected when you have more than one open tab in Chrome and you try to autofill then?

• mhabedinpour
    mhabedinpour
    Community Member

Unfortunately no. I usually have more than five open tabs and the problem still happens.

• mhabedinpour
    mhabedinpour
    Community Member

These logs might help

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for clarifying. Sorry for the trouble there. It's an issue we're investigating in Chrome.

ref: dev/apple/issues#4317

• mhabedinpour
    mhabedinpour
    Community Member

Since last night autofill completely stopped working.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update. We will continue investigating.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mhabedinpour: Make sure you complete any Chrome updates and restart, as that can cause problems too.

• mhabedinpour
    mhabedinpour
    Community Member

I did but it doesn't work anymore. I switched to 1Pssword X and it works fine.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update @mhabedinpour .
    Hopefully we will have a fix for this issue soon.

• angel_islington
    angel_islington
    Community Member

Just to add, Autofill in Chrome (everything up to date) on MacOS Catalina only works about 5% of the time for me since the OS update. It's incredibly frustrating. When you hit the blue autofill button the mini browser just ignores the request and goes back to listing all sites.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@angel_islington: Just to confirm, do you have it set to 1Password Preferences > Mini > Open in Suggestions?

• angel_islington
    angel_islington
    Community Member

Yes, that is how it is setup.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

@angel_islington Thanks for confirming.
    I suggest you try working with CMD + \ to autofill, it seems to be doing a bit better than the autofill button.

• angel_islington
    angel_islington
    Community Member

Initial (and quick) attempts at using the keyboard shortcut have proven to be positive. I was unaware this was even a thing and I think I even prefer it, it's obviously a lot faster than having to click the extension icon then the autofill button.

Would appreciate an update on the original issue however.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

@angel_islington I'm glad to hear the keyboard shortcut works better for you. It is indeed a lot faster and more comfortable to use than clicking on the extension manually and using the mouse :)

And yes, we're all anxious to see a fix released. Thank you for participating and sharing your experience here.

This discussion has been closed.