High Sierra and Safari 13

Comments

• ekrystowski
    ekrystowski
    Community Member

Thanks Ben. Since 1Password 6 no longer supports Safari on my Mac, stuck using my iOS version more and more. This is a big help until I figure out what to do on the Mac.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ekrystowski: What macOS version are you using?

• ekrystowski
    ekrystowski
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

High Sierra 10.13.6
    I am not a power user; I do not even know how safari updated. I purposely watch each update notification and do not update until I investigate the “fallout”. I was using Safari when it crashed (infinite beach ball and then a reboot), then no extension after reboot. Safari version is now 13.0.3.

I know I can update to 1Password 7, but just not ready for that $ now.

• ekrystowski
    ekrystowski
    Community Member

P.S. I guess I can use chrome. Ughh..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for getting back to me. I've split your posts off into a separate thread in the legacy Mac category since it doesn't at all relate to iOS.

Indeed, 1Password 6 uses old Safari extension APIs which are no longer allowed in Safari 13. Safari is using new Safari App Extensions going forward, which we built into 1Password 7 last year:

1Password 6 in Safari

Using a browser which is compatible with the old version of 1Password is one option, though that pool will likely decrease further over time as other browsers evolve. We can't ever recommend sticking with an outdated browser or OS though, as then you're vulnerable to known security issues with those which are only patched in the current version. So, long-term, it would be good to update those, and also 1Password so that can be compatible.

If and when you are ready to upgrade, just shoot me an email at support+forum@1password.com and I'll be happy to help you make the transition. :)

This discussion has been closed.