1password 7 ...moving to my laptop (standalone)

Options
Community Member
edited November 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have been using 1 password 4 on my pc and my laptop. Now I have installed 1password 7 on my pc and would like to put 1password 7 on my laptop. How do I put this on a USB and load it into my laptop?
by the way I really like the way version 7 works! Its much better that 4

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@69800: Thanks for getting in touch! Glad you're enjoying 1Password 7! Really probably easiest to just sync the data over, but otherwise you can copy the sync'd OPVault folder from one to the other. Just keep in mind that's just a one-way operation to get the data there in the first place. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Ok thanks.

Community Member
    Options

I ran into a problem. I made a vault on my usb. I selected sycn on both my pc vault and my usb vault but the is nothing in it.
    Why wont it sync?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@69800: I can't tell you what the problem with your hardware/software might be. But syncing to removable/network drives is in no way supported, as 1Password will not receive any kind of notice then they are not available, which can result in data loss when it tries to read/write to it. As I mentioned above, you'll need to sync it between the two computers, or sync to a local folder and do a one-time copy of the data to get it to the destination.

Community Member
    Options

Ok I set up a local folder to sync to. When I open 1 password I see my main vault and I see the new local vault that I made. But I cannot figure out how to get it to sync. my new folder is empty.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@69800: I'm not sure what you mean. You created a new vault instead of just syncing the existing one to a folder? What are you looking at exactly, and what steps did you take to get there?

This discussion has been closed.